Sugar, the ship is sinking...

terminal humanity

So I'm here after looking around a bit. Figured I'd give you folks a proper chance. I'm a young fellow with a lot to things of say and not enough time to write. I'm writing two stories at the time. One's taking an unreal amount of time because of the way and time that I started. I'm being careful with the other one. I jump between the two if I get really stuck with one.

I'm pretty new to this writing thing. I'm willing to wager that I just recently found my true voice. Forget structure and grammar for the moment. I'm simply talking about how I narrate. Sorta discouraging, but I am learning, so maybe it ain't all bad.

Every time I think my ideas are drowning, I get a spurt that keeps me afloat. Seems i will it out of me.

Last edited:

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and I hope you keep writing. That's the main thing - and enjoy it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome:

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Terminal Humanity! I'm from Virginia, too. (Fredericksburg)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to have you join us. Here's your complimentary water wings.

Maryn, glad to meet you

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to this writing thing. I'm willing to wager that I just recently found my true voice. Forget structure and grammar for the moment. I'm simply talking about how I narrate. Sorta discouraging, but I am learning, so maybe it ain't all bad.

terminal humanity, you've got the attitude you need to become a top-notch writer. Learning is a life-long process, and those who forget that and become convinced that they know how to do something so well they can stop learning are those who end up falling by the wayside.

No, it's not so bad. And yes, if you're just learning how to tell a novel-length story, you can let structure and grammar for the moment. Once the story's out, you can always go back and fix them. But they can't be fixed until the words are on paper.

Welcome to the Cooler. And for you, a specific recommendation: Go visit Uncle Jim's thread, and join the lessons. :)

terminal humanity

Thanks for the greets everyone. I hope at least one person here likes what I have to contribute to balance out the welcome I just received.

copnovelist1

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MichaelPhelpsNovels.com
Welcome Terminal Humanity, . . . aren't we all of that class?

On this site, I'm sure you'll find many fine people, talented writers, good hearts and sound minds, who will share with and encourage, and inspire you. You have questions, here you will find answers. Keep focused and wrtie, and write, and write some more, just make certain YOU are satisfied with your work, and IF YOU love what you are, and what you write, SHARE it with the world. You will leave your mark.

Good Luck,
Regards, Michael Phelps
copnovelist1
THE EXECUTION of JUSTICE (December 2008)
DELAYED JUSTICE (January 2009)
INSANE JUSTICE (March 2009)