Did someone say MarNoWriMo?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Ended up being distracted by the TV instead of books yesterday... :gaah Think I'm going to keep the books next to me today instead of the remote... Statistics, then Spanish, then try to relax because I have an interview for a scholarship tomorrow... >.<

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Got all of my statistics for the week done in two hours... :) Just had lunch and now I'm going to read until about 3-ish... May need to set an alarm to make myself stop though. :tongue

~Amber~

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
I'm in the process of editing a novel I ended up doing for Nano last year. I had no idea I had a marketable story it's at 75K :) I'm very proud of it though hopefully I'll get to the 3rd edit by the end of the semester.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've read 4 chapters of Dracula today, but not done much else. Out the door ay 9.30am to catch the bus, 3 hours or so at Uni, catch bus to get home at 5.30. Plenty of time to read, not a lot of time at Uni though.

Technically I could've got home 30 minutes earlier, but that would've meant getting on a bus packed to the brim with foaming-at-the-mouth school kids. Ugh. I hated catching buses with school kids when *I* was at school, I so don't want to do that now that I'm all grown up.

(No offense Vamp. From what I know of you, I think you'd be pleasant on a bus. If only the same were true of the 30+ that were standing at the bus stop...)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
No worries, Cliff. :D I don't take the bus... I can't, really. We had an evacuation drill at school earlier this year and I was literally bouncing off of the seat because I didn't weigh enough to stay seated... >.<

Interview sometimes within the next half hour or so. I feel sick, yet not nervous... Kind of confusing.

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with it. :)

Today I have read a few more chapters of Dracula, and have my first piece of real assigned homework. Skeery!

Basically, it's a test in a philosophy seminar this time next week. It's on 3 chapters of the textbook. I've read the first 2, but there's still one chapter to go through. And I need to try out the practice questions...

And then the week after that, my first Writing assignment is due. It's a short essay on some poems. I feel a bit more confident about that one than the philosophy test...

So I've got loads to get done in the next week or two - mostly readings, though some actual study. And what am I doing? Getting my AW fix, of course! :tongue

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
3 more chapters edited. 7 to go.

Then I get to add to the novel... It was the second one I ever wrote, so naturally there's a certain something lacking in good portions of it. Just need to spice it up a bit, I think.

However, next for tonight is dinner, then reading Dracula.

Eh, at least I got 3 chapters edited on my novel. It's something.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Vamp, I was between 82 and 88lbs through high school. Anything without seat belts is an interesting ride.

Hoping the book I ordered shows up today. If so, I'll be reading. Otherwise, I have some beta reads to do.

T.U.B. posting is almost done. I'll post the end next Tuesday.

Deizelcore

This is not a user title
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also reading Dracula now. It's a great piece of fiction, quite sad that it sold only but a few copies prior to Stoker's decease though.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I have read 1 chapter of Dracula, and 1 chapter of a Philosophy textbook.

I wish I'd got more done... But I don't seem to have made much progress today. It's amazing how fast time passes sometimes.

Oh, I've also watched 1 episode of House.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Greetings!

Sorry I haven't been around. I'm going for my 200 words again this month, and I need to make sure I read more often. I have a pile of stuff I want to get through so at least a chapter a day from my latest book.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
One week into March and I have a small update on my writing so far this month. I wrote 10k in my The Sleeping Kingdom manuscript, and now have a total of 40k/60-80k words.

I also wrote 3k in my paranormal mystery novella, totalling 3k/30k words.

That's it right now, but to my defense, I've been very busy with university work. Anyone else got some updates for this month so far?

Deizelcore

This is not a user title
Registered
Reaction score
I've had a surgery on my left foot today. No school and active movement (I have to use crutches for two weeks) for a month. I will try and make the best of it and will spend as much time reading and writing as possible, perhaps I will even be able to dedicate more time to playing the guitar (and trying to not fall behind with my studies).

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
can't believe I forgot to come and brag I did 3881 words in edits yesterday - much of it is rewriting the damn thing. I have 20 pages to edit and I'm done with the first pass. It really needs another pass.

Buuut... I feel sick. I think I'm coming down with something...

damn you writing gods.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I got so little done yesterday... :(

Today, however, I push on with Dracula, attend my class, push on with Dracula, and then... Well, my night will be futile. We're going out to dinner for sis's birthday. So I'm not going to get anything done then. :(

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Did a pretty good chunk of Spanish work today. Might work on it more later... Might not... ;) Gonna watch TV for a bit and then read for a while...

(And the interview went pretty well :) Still think one of the other two girls who were interviewed will get it, but that's fine by me.)

~Amber~

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
Goals:

Finish my The Martian Chronicles, The Illustrated Man, and The Golden Apples of the Sun leather-back book. (By the way, these truly are Bradbury's best. If you haven't read them, I say give it a try.)

Move on to my novel.

Submit my new religious flash-fiction piece.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've read 2 more chapters of Dracula and attended my 1 class for the day.

It now seems like I'll have a very busy weekend! Reading assignments for 2 classes due next week, and a test for the other subject which I SO need to study for.

The reading assignment for Dracula isn't due for a few weeks yet, but I'm still worried about how slow I'm reading. So I'll have to push myself to finish Dracula on the weekend and get started on the next novel.

When I'm going to have a chance to work on my OWN novel, I don't know.

Ginger Writer

Writing like a madwoman
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm coming up on the end of editing my novel. The query and synopsis likely need to be given one more once over, and then (eep!) I may be sending out to agents? :Wha: As far as future goals for this month, I'll probably just work on notes for what I think will be my next project (a YA fantasy series). Huh. I should read a book or two, too.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Looked at editing the short piece last night and I just don't like the sentences I've used...it's all kinda plain with no tension so far. So I'll have to do a rewrite and see if a second time around (3rd) sparks better.