Status
Not open for further replies.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
? Is there any particular virtue to Twitter?

Honestly, I don't use it that much. The more people poke me, the more I use it. I do find it a great took for reading blog articles and finding what agents are saying.

The downside is there are some people who use it exclusively to promote their stuff. That is the #1 turn off for me. I like to follow for conversation, news, and lulz. Not so you can ram your book down my throat.

Believe me, I will be a loyal to a fault if I am interested in your work and enjoy following/talking to you. No need to push me ;)

General you, of course. :)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I can make it a goal for 2012? Join Twitter and then have even more stuff to do online instead of writing. :D

Think of Twitter as the 5 minute coffee break between long bouts of words. And, like coffee, it is wonderful in small doses, but makes you jittery if on it too long.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Pffft, I hardly have time to be on AW, and Facebook, let alone more procrastination tools.

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
So, Shuemais has been looking up names on Twitter. Apparently, SaraP, Sara Pea and SparklePony are all taken. He says Sparklepony of Doom is free and I should take it now.

I'm seeing this as sign from the Universe I'm not meant to be on Twitter. What say you to these new tidbits of information?

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
So, Shuemais has been looking up names on Twitter. Apparently, SaraP, Sara Pea and SparklePony are all taken. He says Sparklepony of Doom is free and I should take it now.

I'm seeing this as sign from the Universe I'm not meant to be on Twitter. What say you to these new tidbits of information?

@sparkleponyofdoom is a Twitter handle to be feared and respected! Imagine how you'll drive the horde of humanity before you, all cowering from the might of @sparkleponyofdoom!

... honest!!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Watching Highlander and realizing that the best part of the whole damned movie is the soundtrack.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I say that if you look to The Universe for signs about thins like Twitter, love, or financial advice, you'll always be left with more questions than answers.

Also, anything with the word "doom" in it is smexy.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
@sparkleponyofdoom is a Twitter handle to be feared and respected! Imagine how you'll drive the horde of humanity before you, all cowering from the might of @sparkleponyofdoom!

... honest!!

What about @sparklydeath? Or @doomsparkles? Or @sparkleslaughter? Or @flufflysparklesofdawwwwww?

Last edited:

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com

Take it now! It's meant for YOU.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

I think the fact that Sparkle Pony of Doom is available is always going to be a sign saying OH HELL YES.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to convince CobraMrsFit to join. Her handle is perfect! Sadly, she's not interested in the Twits. Guess we have to "talk" if we want to communicate.

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
I gave in. It shall be known as the Great Internet Joining of 2011.

Or something.

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
lol have fun Sara!

i think my twitter acct would give SM great joy of making fun of my 1 tweet ever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.