Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad it works for you guys but I just don't want you to force yourselves up all night. That can't be great for your health :) Woo! I'm glad you are almost finished.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the more pressure you put to finish your WIP the more you will have to cut. Sometimes it can really bring down the quality of your writing.

It can, but I've noticed that generally it doesn't, if I'm doing it late at night. I've had plenty of time to finish this thing, but a certain character got upset with me because I wasn't going to let him change the ending to how he wanted it, and then he refused to work with me. ...I think he also got a bit annoyed that his uncle showed up. He and I have reached an understanding now, though, so in general he's being pretty helpful. :D

ETA I've been sleeping way too much lately. I need to have an all night writing session. ...Besides, I tend to get more, and better, writing done late at night than any other time of day. What can I say? I'm a night owl.

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
How's everyone's writing going?

Good, I just cut the last 60k from my novel this morning - that's 128,000 word total! :cry: But it needed it. I have rewritten/replace 4.4K... Lol

So I have made a little progress...:D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Question...

The first time I submitted this story I got 5 solicitations for more materials - one even asked for the full MS. I was told it was a good story, good bones, etc... just not quite right.

So, hence the rewrite - now when it is done I resubmit to the agents after 3 years and a complete overhaul (title and all), do I just present it as a whole new book - or do I say it's revised/revamped?

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I would say that you queried them before and that they stated the story had good bones. You took their advice and revamped the entire novel based on their feedback. I wouldn't say revised. Or you could say 'complete overhaul'

You may want to ask someone with experience like the people over at Got YA or YA Highway.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Night Tally.

Blah. I have this scene that I don't like and I'm not even sure why I dislike it but it irks me. The grammar isn't any worse than the rest but....I don't know.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
There's this guy I go to school with who has one of the most amazing voices ever. And he writes music, too. As in, both composes and writes lyrics.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I would say that you queried them before and that they stated the story had good bones. You took their advice and revamped the entire novel based on their feedback. I wouldn't say revised. Or you could say 'complete overhaul'

You may want to ask someone with experience like the people over at Got YA or YA Highway.

Is 'Got YA' and 'YA Highway' here in AW?

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone!
I am going camping tomorrow! Which is good (Beaches!Books! Yay!) and bad (No internet, barely any cell service, some of the people we're going with I don't like).
But for now... I shall pack.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
My moms family has been going there for 40 years, so I've been going there since I was little.
I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done. And writing, if I feel like writing it out.

ETA-
BG- Tell Darius to behave. :p

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I realized why this scene isn't working. I need to scrap the entire chapter and rewrite it. Ughhhhhh.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
BG- Then tell him that he is a horrible terrible person and he will never ever get with Melody. 0_0

Status
Not open for further replies.