Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm liking this new story way more then i ever intended. Now I'm trying to figure out if it publishable. And If i were to publish it to put it under a pen name or not.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I have reached that point of exhaustion where I'm awake but I feel like any minute I'm going to just fall over. It's not a pleasant feeling.

Its the end of your first year of college and your not used to that feeling by now???

That's a constant state for me now! Hehehehe it will wear on you. Drink up some coffee to keep the blood flowing to your brain and chew some mint gum, and you'll be able to last for another 5 or so hours. Trust me. I'm a living expert on how to stay up for days on end.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok I need help with this.

How would you feel/react if:

You and your best friend just both had the worst day in the world so you both went out to a bar. This is your first time even drinking. Next morning you wake up in just your underwear (bra and panties) next to your best friend (who is a guy you sort of like) who is just in his underwear. And now neither of you remember anything past being in the bar. Add in your also a virgin.

Trying to figure out if my characters freaking out and panicking is an accurate sort of reaction

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The problem with doing a second script is that two of the candidates are Suns and Stars and Invincible, both of which have plot problems.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Ok I need help with this.

How would you feel/react if:

You and your best friend just both had the worst day in the world so you both went out to a bar. This is your first time even drinking. Next morning you wake up in just your underwear (bra and panties) next to your best friend (who is a guy you sort of like) who is just in his underwear. And now neither of you remember anything past being in the bar. Add in your also a virgin.

Trying to figure out if my characters freaking out and panicking is an accurate sort of reaction

Dunno about you, but I'd be panicking.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
GOOD! Yay! I asked an IRL friend who went into this whole "I don't know... if its your best friend you wouldn't feel as violated i don't think..." Then i began second guessing what i wrote.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly. True Andy and Jake have a strange sort of friendship, but it would still be really horrible i think

Good thing it turned out to be a really funny and innocent story! I'm not that evil to my characters.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Chosen to have sex = waaaaaaaaaay better.

ETA: I think this will be the second week without Music Monday posts.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hahaahah yeah true.

Its actually a funny story Jake's brother tells Andy and Jake later. They came home drunk wanting to make chocolate chip cookies, but didn't have the right ingredients so they tried to improvise. As they were making a horrible mess in the kitchen Jake bumped into Andy who ended up spilling almost an entire carton of milk onto herself. She disappeared into Jake's bedroom to change, then never returned. (She made it half way and took her soaking wet cloths off then passed out in Jake's bed.) Jake meanwhile was so drunk he began stripping because he was really hot and tried to fit inside the refrigerator to cool off. Darren (Jake's brother) had to pull him out of the fridge and then Jake passed out on the floor of the living room later. Around 4am when Darren went to check on Jake, he told him to get off the floor and go to bed. Which is how they both ended up half naked in the same bed.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
But now Andy's all confused and upset... because Darren ended up blabbing something that Andy told Jake in confidence, that Darren ended up guessing about and finally his brother told him, telling him to never tell Andy he told her.

Now she doesn't know if she can really trust Jake, and after she recently found out her ex cheated on her for the last three months of there relationship, and now is suing her because They all destroyed his car out of revenge.... she's in a really screwed up confused place. Its not going to help that in the next scene she walks in on Jake kissing his ex...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
If I choose to do a second script, will you guys help me pick? :3

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about disappearing. I went to eat lunch (and drink coffee). I feel better.

Its the end of your first year of college and your not used to that feeling by now???

That's a constant state for me now! Hehehehe it will wear on you. Drink up some coffee to keep the blood flowing to your brain and chew some mint gum, and you'll be able to last for another 5 or so hours. Trust me. I'm a living expert on how to stay up for days on end.

Lol surprisingly I'm not. I'm used to feeling tired but not this tired.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to do a second script for Script Frenzy. Now to decide which one...

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hah, yeah. I've been that tired (hello, dreams of being an actress. didn't realize that you wanted to kill me :tongue )

... problem for me is when I'm that tired I start vomiting everything. And I can't eat. What works for me is:

a) Jumping in a pool (which is basically NEVER an option xD)
b) Taking a freezing, freezing shower
c) Drinking a lot of ice cold water
d) Once I'm feeling well enough to eat, not eating anything heavy. A good wrap or salad does the trick.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have decided on my second script.

Summer Kisses: a story of Nick and Hannah's summer holiday romance over two weeks.

This will have the most fun playlist ever, haha. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about disappearing. I went to eat lunch (and drink coffee). I feel better.

Lol surprisingly I'm not. I'm used to feeling tired but not this tired.

get used to it, next three years especially your last, your going to be very very used to that horrible feeling. I've managed to become a functional walking zombie 24/7 now. Junior year for final's my second semester, i stayed up for 5 days with only 2 hours of sleep. And my Wawa (Philadephia version of 7eleven if you guys dont know what it is) was through the roof from all the coffee and energy drinks i was having!

But it gets easier to manage. What once was "Oh god i have to do ANOTHER all nighter" becomes "Uh... just another day" as you force a smile and just take it as a hassle filled routine.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The interesting thing about SK is that I orginally intended to write it as a novel, so the POV thing will be very interesting.