How'd You Find This Site?

metaldreamer

Registered
Reaction score
I googled urban fantasy, prompts, and writing and landed in this place. I am brand-spanking new, as in this is my very first post.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I found you

It might have been through Preditors and Editors, or by doing research on Publish America (one signed contract too late! *sigh*).

I'm looking forward to participating. I'm currently shopping for an agent for novel #2, writing #3 and taking another round at publishing short stories.

eliza

Registered
Reaction score
I was researching agents and just stumbled upon it. What luck!

jdseeliger

Registered
Reaction score
I found it through a friend of the family whose opinion I respect and admire greatly. She directed me here, and told me to peruse, so - three months after I registered - perusal a-plenty!

speculative

Registered
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, I found this web site through an Internet search for writing forums.

laharrison

Registered
Reaction score
I was blog-hopping reading about agents and options clauses and other publishing related stuff, and I found a link to this board on some blog or other. I can't remember where, actually, which is kinda sad :(

I need to spend more time blog-hopping, and actually bookmark a few this time :)

Jarran

Registered
Reaction score
I found it when I read the preface to "Offspring" by Liam Jackson.

Looking forward to visiting here daily for inspiration =)

Nya RAyne

On the verge of greatness
Registered
Reaction score
In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and
Hello All!!

I found this site by accidentally everytime I tried researching a particular agent. I tell you what, I was saved a lot of heart ache because of the things and experiences various members said and experienced before me.

Thanks for suffering in my place. :)

Nya

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
Somebody linked this in the Nanowrimo forums in a Thread about getting published. I think. Or else they linked to an Agent's blog which had the Link in it. Either way, it was ultimately through Nano.

spectrefox

Registered
Reaction score
I found the site through someone's blog, which I can't remember the name of. It was either Pub Rants (with Agent K), Janet Reid, or the Rejectionist.

Now that I think about it, they've probably all mentioned this forum in one way or another.
I'm glad to be here!

maxen

Registered
Reaction score
Google, I think. Last year. I just never had enough time to really check it out until now.

Fang100

Randomness = amusement
Registered
Reaction score
It was recommended to me by a mate of mine in the pub one night - thanks dude! :) Loving it so far!

sylvzreyes44

Registered
Reaction score
nice to be here...

I've found this site through Google's search, I am looking for good site that can help me and can give me a good advice, and it's good to be here in this forum....

LynKay

Hanging out through Space and Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marilynalmodovar.blogspot.com
I was googling the name of an "agent" and his "Publishing House" Who requested a manuscript that I'd written. His name came up in the Bewares Thread that pointed me to this site. I come every day since then!

RevisionIsTheKey

Sigh...
Registered
Reaction score
Wherever there is dulce de leche ice cream
I'm a member of SCBWI (for about 18 months now, so I guess I am beyond Newbie stage there), and someone mentioned a really excellent post by Michael Stearns (sp?) on upstartcrowliterary.com. After reading the post, I browsed around the site and found lots of useful material for writers (dealing with agents, craft, what makes a strong children's story submission, etc.). Upstart Crow listed Absolute Write as one of the best places to connect with other writers, so I checked it out, and here I am. :hi: