Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You must not have the best insurance. If someone has some kind of cut-rate insurance they use a large wooden hammer to knock them out and perform the surgery with cheap steak knives and an office stapler. Recovery will consist of a cot and an army blanket.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Wait!

I didn't even get a cot or a blanket, they just left me in the floor...:e2bummed:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I took DD #1 for surgery a few months ago, afterwards, in recovery, she wouldn't stop talking. I think I may have put my hand over her mouth at one point. ;-)

The next thing she wanted to do was take a picture of her scar and post it on Facebook! Which she did with the help of the nurse.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we have two really big hospitals here. One was always said to be for the 'poor' and the other one was for people with money and insurance. I found out last year that no hospital can turn you away here and since I hate that other one (which I had been hospitalized 12 times in) I decided to try that out and went to the other one. And despite the torture and pain, the nurses were really, really nice and the doctors (except for one that was an ass) were really cool.

My surgeon told me to come to his office in two weeks for follow ups and another surgery. I told him that I couldn't pay for it and I had no insurance. He said, "Make the appointment. I'd rather see you for free and do your surgery than have you die next time."

RNJ

addicted to love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lionsandlambssaga.wordpress.com
Hello, cats, princesses, fair damsels, and jazz-hand masters. It's been some time since I've had the privilege of roaming these halls. I'm glad to be back, although I won't be able to be around as much as I used to.

I hope you all have a great and wonderful weekend!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're sharing our coffee, RNJ.

Sorry, we have no pie to share. :-(

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Long time, no see, RNJ. Hope you get in here more and that all is going well for you. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope the storms didn't get you last Friday. It wasn't too bad at my house, but some of my friends got more hail than I've ever seen in my life (they posted photos on Facebook). In some places they said it was 4" deep.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
hey, all 'n dahlink nighty, stay outta those hospitals, k. and be well. I insist on it! Glad the one hosp. was good to you, thankfully, but sure wish you didn't have all that pain! It sux BIG time! :Hug2:s :Cake:s

Hey, RNJ great to 'c' yah back. Hope you're well too 'n everyone! TGIF. Whatcha all doin' for the weekend???

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I say all those things too. :)

I went to the metro recycling center today. It was a very weird experience.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
That's pretty cool NF. The surgeon with a heart. :) Kind of makes you feel like there is some humanity left in the world.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Get plenty of rest, dragon wench. Wow. I wish we had doctor's and hospitals like that out here. Get yourself squared away and you'll be setting everything on fire in no time.

Hi RNJ! :hi:

RNJ

addicted to love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lionsandlambssaga.wordpress.com
I hope the storms didn't get you last Friday. It wasn't too bad at my house, but some of my friends got more hail than I've ever seen in my life (they posted photos on Facebook). In some places they said it was 4" deep.

Got close, AC. I work in the Metro Center now. I skedaddled out of there right in front of them. Hardly even rained at our house on the north side of town. Saw the hail on the news.

Thank you night, duchess, syd, and especially you Susie. So good to be back. When we left off, I had lost my job. Took seven months but I'm back in the saddle again. Things got pretty dark but we got a lot of help from a lot good people.

Also back to writing. Got a query letter in QLH if you guys happen to wander over that direction. Look for Lions and Lambs.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:Hi everyone, especially RNJ - good to see you again.

Stormy planet! We had 4 thunderstorms yesterday.

I went to the metro recycling center today. It was a very weird experience.

You guys recycle metros? That is weird.

:D

Happy Saturday.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Gail, it was nice weather here yesterday, and is supposed to be again. Sunny, 60-something, and a light breeze. :D

How is everyone this fine Saturday [well Sat. in my neck of the woods]?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
'ey guys. Well, would yah believe I had either the flu or food poisoning and almost went to the hospital, but I tried my darndest not to go 'n succeeded. I'm sorta okay now, but weak so I won't be on much today. Now, try 'n behave. Help yourselves to anything in the fridge/freezer but clean up after, k. :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Susie, hope you feel better. If it was food poisoning that can be nasty, either way, that's tough.

You get lots of rest, and drink lots of fluid, so you can be all sunny and chipper when you get back! :Hug2:

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
hey, all 'n dahlink nighty, stay outta those hospitals, k. and be well. I insist on it! Glad the one hosp. was good to you, thankfully, but sure wish you didn't have all that pain! It sux BIG time! :Hug2:s :Cake:s

What Susie said for both n-f and now for Susie herself.

Get well n-f and Susie!!! :e2flowers:e2flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.