Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Charles

On Sub
Registered
Reaction score
Website
notastepfordlife.com
holy crap... have I not posted in here today????? It's inconceivable!!

I've had a heckof busy day. So glad it's my Friday. I really need to go home & blog & then edit. Or take a nap, blog & edit.
I had to read that twice before I noticed you said 'my Friday'...I was sitting here thinking, crap, I thought it was Thursday!

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Good morning all. It is very much Friday for me today, coming up to 10am.

I just read on a weekly online news service that Troipcal Cyclone Iggy is heading towards Western Australia and is dying as it gets there. Oh how lucky for WA. I also learnt that the wicked storms we had over the past four days was part of Tropical Cyclone Iggy. A cyclone, wow! It sounds so wild and raw and I feel so proud having witnessed it. Shame about the death and destruction in some of the villages in Java, though.

On a happier note, Happy Friday!!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, house of people from the future.

It's 7:50 pm Thursday here.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
At the tone the time will be...6:16 pm here. :D
Actually I'm doing some writing but I'm in a distracted mood tonight. I hate that. Sometimes I wish I could build a little cubicle around me when husband and daughter are around. It's not them, it's the *&@ TV.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
It's not 7:50 or 6:16 here.

A cyclone! Wow.

Hi, funners. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was out running errands and buying groceries today. It was almost like springtime; warm but a little wet from the rains yesterday.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
It was cold here. :( Stoopid groundhog.

I think I'll have groundhog stew.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually knew some guys who barbecued a groundhog once. It's "greasy" meat.

I'm not too fond of rodent. I prefer chicken or beef.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
A/C must you insert something vile?!? :D

I get to go to the grocery store tomorrow and buy stuff for the Superbowl. I'm rooting for New England because Tom Brady is a stud. Husband is rooting for the Giants because I'm cheering on the Patriots. It's going to be a massive eating and drinking fest, and I can't wait!!! :snoopy:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't eaten rodent...knowingly, anyways.

Moose and deer, yup.

I've eaten squirrel.

I won't eat it again if I have to gut and clean one.

I have a friend from Laos. Apparently, water buffalo is their equivalent of our beef, or it was in the old days.

Purple Rose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
AC and his strange diet. Still, it looks like he's very tame, almost unadventurous, compard to some bloke named Andrew something who goes out of his way to shock. Has anyone tried, or even heard of, durian? There are people on these shows that celebrate bravado (real or otherwise) and they won't touch it. I just LOVE durian!! It's just fruit.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

I get to go to the grocery store tomorrow and buy stuff for the Superbowl. I'm rooting for New England because Tom Brady is a stud. Husband is rooting for the Giants because I'm cheering on the Patriots. It's going to be a massive eating and drinking fest, and I can't wait!!! :snoopy:

:D

Sounds great, Duchess.

I won't be watching, I don't really care who wins. :Shrug:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, DomesticImp, I saw your thread about submitting something for the first time. I just casually looked at the thread.

Sending something out for the first time is a little scary. A lot of people are so scared of the prospect of being rejected that they never do so. So, give yourself a little pat on the back for being brave enough to put something you wrote out there.

I kept the first rejection I ever got; a blue postcard from Houghton Mifflin. I'm kind of proud of it; it means I was at least willing to take the risk, knowing full-well what the answer would probably be. A rejection doesn't mean anything in the long run. You hear stories all the time about some famous writer who got rejected thirty times before being accepted. The latest version involves Rowlings and Harry Potter and how many times that story was rejected.

So, congratulations, whether your story is accepted or not.

Purple Rose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
By the way, DomesticImp, I saw your thread about submitting something for the first time. I just casually looked at the thread.

Sending something out for the first time is a little scary. A lot of people are so scared of the prospect of being rejected that they never do so. So, give yourself a little pat on the back for being brave enough to put something you wrote out there.

I kept the first rejection I ever got; a blue postcard from Houghton Mifflin. I'm kind of proud of it; it means I was at least willing to take the risk, knowing full-well what the answer would probably be. A rejection doesn't mean anything in the long run. You hear stories all the time about some famous writer who got rejected thirty times before being accepted. The latest version involves Rowlings and Harry Potter and how many times that story was rejected.

So, congratulations, whether your story is accepted or not.

Wise, wise words. So true.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
AC and his strange diet. Still, it looks like he's very tame, almost unadventurous, compard to some bloke named Andrew something who goes out of his way to shock. Has anyone tried, or even heard of, durian? There are people on these shows that celebrate bravado (real or otherwise) and they won't touch it. I just LOVE durian!! It's just fruit.

Andrew Zimmerman! "If it looks good, eat it." Thing is, most of what he eats, doesn't look good.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't see Imp's thread, but congrats. And hope it finds a good home. Good luck! :)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, house of silence.

Oh, how I wish I was there right now. Five days in and the noisey invasion continues. Ugh. And now they tell me they won't finish until Wednesday next week.

But the chopping of concrete should be finished today. :hooray:

:eek:

:tmi

Purple Rose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Gail, under the circumstances, i would say you are doing a GREAT job of staying cool and keeping your sanity. I would have run off to Kruger or Cape Town.

Sydney, that's it, Zimmermann. Thanks! Yes, I agree, most of what he eats looks positively vile. He is a coward for not trying durian.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought he had given durian a go?

It sounds familiar, I am going to assume it is something that was left in its own juices to sit and marinate in room temperature.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gail, under the circumstances, i would say you are doing a GREAT job of staying cool and keeping your sanity. I would have run off to Kruger or Cape Town.

I would have. But there's that nuisance thing about letting them in and letting them out.

Durian? They look like litchis on the outside. Do they taste similar or is it that fruit that smells disgusting but tastes wonderful?

Status
Not open for further replies.