Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awww... Can I come over?

Maryn, who misses kittens

Deleted member 42

Oh, my! It's amazing how something so tiny and adorable can two minutes later create complete and total chaos.

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
My cat, every year, cannot leave the tree alone. And I've had the same tree since I got her six years ago.

I try not to hang any ornaments on the lower branches, and keep the lights a few inches from the bottom of the tree. Any ornament that's sentimental or breakable or expensive goes high enough on the tree that she can't get to it.

It doesn't prevent her from messing with the tree. It does prevent her from breaking things that I either can't replace or can't afford to replace, and keeps her from getting to the lights.

I also keep an air can (the kind you get to dust off your keyboard) in the house to discourage her from going after things she's not supposed to.

Every year, it takes a week or so to get acclimated to the tree, and then she could care less. She'll sleep under it until I put packages under it. (FYI, I don't use ribbon, so she can't shred it...she could care less about the wrapped packages unless they have ribbon).

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, I love the surprised look on the cat's face. :D
Kittens are so adorable, until they tear apart your furniture a few days later...

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
Your kitty is adorable...but he also looks like he has some sort of plan worked out in his mind, and its an evil plan.

Good luck with him (or her)

My mom said for Christmas when her mother would lay out everything for dinner and then go to church, they would give their cat catnip so she wouldn't touch anything. There would be a glistening, juicy turkey sitting on the table, and the cat would be stoned underneath the table lol

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
Haha, I love the surprised look on the cat's face. :D
Kittens are so adorable, until they tear apart your furniture a few days later...

She actually allows me to clip her claws with fingernail clippers... holds her feet out for it. But I do expect her to wrestle the tree so we're looking at putting hooks on the ceiling to make sure there's no tipping. Her name is Molly or Moe, but we have called her baby kitten too long and now she thinks that's her name.

Her and Ben love each other.

62901_147424131960249_100000779892679_192400_4173049_n.jpg

The video I posted is a favorite of mine. He knows his cats, because all of mine have been naughty like Simon's Cat.

Last edited:

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Spawn of Basement Cat and Minion, conspiring to do ill.

Congratulations, you've brought evil into your home. :evil *cue maniacal laughter and thunder and lightning*

Cute cats. :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cute kitties

My condolences.

Seriously.

Had my cat for one week and knew I'd made a terrible mistake.....

Yes, but now she has you well trained.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Luverly kitties!

Simon's Cat is just a joy and a great laugh.

Sigh ... I miss my moggies ...

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
I am very happy to have invited a pair of basement cats into my home. Basement cats are the cute... and she's very vocal. He jumping around and clicking reminds me of Simon's Cat.

If you look close, Moe's whiskers above her right eye have been burned. We rescued her from the visiting sister of one of the young men who used to live across the street from us. The other young man thought it was funny to make his wife scream by holding a lighter to the kitten's face.

We didn't want another cat but we kind of didn't have a choice. So... when we get the tree to day, I'm thinking of just laying it on the ground to avoid a messy cleanup. :D

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am very happy to have invited a pair of basement cats into my home. Basement cats are the cute... and she's very vocal. He jumping around and clicking reminds me of Simon's Cat.

If you look close, Moe's whiskers above her right eye have been burned. We rescued her from the visiting sister of one of the young men who used to live across the street from us. The other young man thought it was funny to make his wife scream by holding a lighter to the kitten's face.

We didn't want another cat but we kind of didn't have a choice. So... when we get the tree to day, I'm thinking of just laying it on the ground to avoid a messy cleanup. :D

I wonder how funny he would think it was to have said lighter held up against his face. I wouldn't have been screaming had I been the wife. I would have been acting.

Very cute kitten you have acquired. Goes well with the other cat. It is great they get along so well together. :)