So Papa Favre's dentures finally rattled loose

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Last night, after taking the first snap in 297 consecutive games (or 321 if you, like me, count playoff games) Brett Favre stood on the sidelines in street clothes and watched his team play without him.

I very much wish I didn't have certain pictures of him in my mind - assuming that those were indeed pictures of his... Yes. Okay. So I looked. Sue me. And yuck. I hate to think of him as a sex pest and a jackass, although there are enough reports of both to make me wonder.

At any rate, I love football. If I think of Favre in that box (not unfortunately boxed in with no boxers in the frame of a cell phone's camera) it was the end of something pretty special.

In the proper priority of things and giving weight where weight is due, I know that my sports-tears are kind of funny, but I love the lump in my throat just the same.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I felt weird seeing Favre on the sidelines too. I'll bet he didn't know what to do with himself!

Yeah, the scandal he's embroiled in is very disappointing for a guy who has been so classy for so long.

Last year, when Favre was knocked down, a ref helped him up. Other times, I've defenders help him up. I take that as a great sign of respect. I asked nubby if he'd ever seen a ref help up a quarterback after being sacked. "Nope." I think he's a beloved, and regardless of this scandal, will remain so.

Football seems just a bit less joyful with Favre not in it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's not the first quarterback that died in Detroit.

I thought the Lions team did.

Oh and Farve, retire for good already.

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
Last night, after taking the first snap in 297 consecutive games (or 321 if you, like me, count playoff games) Brett Favre stood on the sidelines in street clothes and watched his team play without him.

he's still hot

:D

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
who hasn't?

milly

seeing sparks
Registered
Reaction score
just left more to the imagination I think ;)

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
What's all this about Bret Favre? Pictures with no pants on? I'm English. We don't get this on our news.......

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lucky

He e-mailed a picture of his **ahem** Little Farve to a female Jets employee