Holy crap, the pregnancy test read Positive.

DeaSis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.notebored.com
It's scary, I know. This first child will change you and your relationship with each other. That's what it's supposed to do. Don't be afraid of the changes though. Decide to make the changes together.

One of the many reasons why my first marriage failed was because those changes became "my" responsibility while he was free to still be the young kid we both were at the time.

*blink*

I'm not saying that you guys will do that! Lord No!

What I am trying to say is that the changes come anyway... and the most incredible thing in the world is when you hold on to each other and face them head on.

I have 5 kids now (remarried) and the changes still come. *giggles* I am a mother in law now! Hoo - wee!

Congrats on your most excellent news. You will find that love is a well with no bottom in it.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Now that you've accepted it, and you're probably all giddy with excitement and you have processed it a little more, maybe thinking about which you're hoping for a boy or girl, names and all that fun stuff...here is an interesting link I found today and thought I'd share with you....

http://men.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7881416&page=

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and another thing....I tell everybody this, and wish I could have had somebody tell me the same.....

Once you get that little sucker out, get busy on the second.

It's true. If you've got the $$$ and can handle the financial responsibiliity of a second, do it.

Cause if you don't, and you let that little bugger grow up, a few years later, you'll see how hard I mean how interestingly difficult it is to be a parent and have kids, you wont want to do it again.

So, don't ruin it for yourself, or your child, give him or a her a sibling. Before you are ruined.

:)

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Thanks again, everyone, for your words. And thanks, Jennifer75 for that link. Reading it I wonder if the article writer is referring to today's generation than when I grew up, because it seemed that most of those things didn't apply to my upbringing. But I will keep them in mind for the near future.

Regarding the second child, I believe that we're going to do just what you described since we want two kids.

I'm still getting used to the whole thing. I've already had to give up my personal space--my library, the second large bedroom in the house. She wants that room to be the child's room, partially because it's next to the master bedroom. I actually wanted to keep my library and have the child's room be the back bedroom, the farthest from the master bedroom because the main br and library are adjacent rooms. Sound and privacy issues.

Needless to say, I'm going to have to move my library and all my crap to the back bedroom, the smallest of the three rooms. Sigh.

allen

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
Speaking of multi-coloured - my daughter puked up Froot Loops and it was like a rainbow. When you have kids, your parental instinct takes over and you don't notice the grossness...
LOL!

I remember the great "gummy worm" poo incident.

My oldest was about five and had blue gummy worms as a treat. She screamed after going to the bathroom that evening. Her poo was BRIGHT green. The food dye caused it...

Ah...the good old days....

She's eighteen now, going to college...arranged her own financial aid and got scholarships. It really is amazing!

Amy

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
UPDATE:

My wife got an ultrasound this morning and heard a heartbeat. A healthy heartbeat. Got a picture, too. She said it looks like a peanut.

Due date: March 1.

Maybe I'll drive her to the hospital in the Mercury with the top down that day.

allen

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woooooooooot!

Exciting, isn't it? Congrats again. :)

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE:

My wife got an ultrasound this morning and heard a heartbeat. A healthy heartbeat. Got a picture, too. She said it looks like a peanut.

Due date: March 1.

Maybe I'll drive her to the hospital in the Mercury with the top down that day.

allen

Congratulations Allen. There is nothing like seeing that little heart beating along, unless it's actually hearig it with the doppler.