Prayers, positive thoughts needed

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
My positive thoughts and prayers for you and your family, Southern girl.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I am holding onto the positive right now. The baby is growing right on target, when most Trisomy 18 babies are at least 2 weeks behind.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I hoping for the best for you and yours, SG.

I'm with App Writer and Joyce, doctors are often wrong. That's why the phrase 'second opinion' was created. I sure hope they made an error here.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
SG, I don't know if this wil be any comfort to you or not- I hope it is; When My first child was born, the Doctors thought he had downs syndrome- he was my first child and we were devastated by the news- they thought his facial characteristics were typical of a downs baby. we had the advised genetic testing down and took him home- we waited four days for the result and found out the results were negative- he was perfect- he is now 11, and recieved the president's award for academic excellence this year and has a straight A average.

Have hope.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sending hugs and prayers, southern.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
My doctor did tell us that our chances of the baby having it are 1 in 10, which means there is a 90 percent chance that the baby doesn't have it. Of course, that 10 percent is just too much for a parent's state of mind.

Before we do the amnio on Friday, they will do another in-depth ultrasound because the baby will have grown by then. Hopefully, some of the gray areas (like the cystic hygroma and feet turning in) will be clear by then.

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, T. You and your family are in my prayers.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I belong to several boards on the Internet, and this, and one other, are the most supportive I've ever been on. Thanks again.

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
The great part of having a God is that we can believe in miracles. I am praying for you, writer friend, and all of your family and loved ones. May God bless you and keep you, and hold you in the palm of His hand.
:)

Kthrok

Tasmanian Kitteh
Registered
Reaction score
S.G. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, but something tells all is fine and your worries are for not