Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
UK ALL THE WAY!!!!!

American one sucks... it cant even live up and is a disgrace! (sorry if you guys like that one but i feel very strongly against it)

I've been watching the UK one since it started. I'm not sure if i'm too keen on the new plot they came up with this season, considering what happened to all the MC's but Anne, but I LOVE TOM AND HAL! OCD Hal is so freaking adorable and Tom's a sweetheart! Although i'm so mad at him for the last episode! She was even named Allison! All Allison's are so awesome (I would know :) ) he should have never let her go!

Haha I used to like the UK version but I haven't been able to get over the fact that both Mitchell and George are gone. Haven't been watching it lately.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I SOBBED MY EYES OUT!!!

Funny how i only really cry when it about TV shows... i'm way too emotionally attached to them. But i wanted to kill the writers of the show... i wanted to just murder then when they took away ALL THE FREAKING MAIN CHARACTERS!

again i'm not really sure if i'm the biggest fan of how the plot is shifting, but i'm still in love with Anne, and i love the new characters they brought on. Hal is so much hoter, and funnier then Mitchell ever was, and his OCD is just... well I love it. And Tom... well he might not be the cutest, but i just want to hug him, he's so adorable.

And Hal, would play such a great Adult Max, in my books....
tumblr_lzhliqKXYA1r9op1xo2_500.jpg

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
So do you guys have beta reader, writing buddies, friends, parents or someone who you guys just rant on to about your books and ideas for them, or just keep it all locked up in your brain?

I talk to my crit partner Dystophil every day. I pester her with all kinds of stuff - could I do this? would it be cool? did you notice that? She's very patient with my writing rambles.

I just looked back and we've been talking every day for 4+ years. Damn.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I have loads of friends, family and more friends to bounce ideas off of! I also tend to leave lots of creepy reps in Para's User CP, but that has little to do with writing and more to do with my raging fancrush on her writing.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I know what you mean HR. I'm at this very moment obsessed with a ton of shows, it takes away my whole weekend. But just a few months ago i got into White Collar, always meant to watch it, just never got around to it till now... although now i have way way too many shows to deal with.

I watch way way way too much TV... and this is only the winter/spring line up. I have a whole summer one too.

Right now I have Castle (which I watched all four seasons of in the last month), Once Upon a Time, NCIS, NCIS LA, and Glee that I keep up to date with. Once they start up again, I'll have Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, and Doctor Who.

Once I get started on a show that's been on for awhile, I tend to get obsessed to the point where I have to go back to the beginning and watch every episode in order.

So do you guys have beta reader, writing buddies, friends, parents or someone who you guys just rant on to about your books and ideas for them, or just keep it all locked up in your brain?

I have a couple writing buddies that I do that with.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I finished Sherlock last night with my friend.

We both knew everything that was happening, but still howled hysterically.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I need to start finding people like this! My mom started taking an interest, but that's only because she is worried about me, and thinks it will make me feel better, plus whatever i say her comment is "That's great honey" soooo I need to find real people. I realized i just really need a writing support circle. It was only last week i realized i had actual friends IRL, so now on to writing support!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't started pestering my writing friend yet, but we do help each other out. The last thing was discussing her Dr Who spec script for Script Frenzy.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Right now I have Castle (which I watched all four seasons of in the last month), Once Upon a Time, NCIS, NCIS LA, and Glee that I keep up to date with. Once they start up again, I'll have Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, and Doctor Who.

Once I get started on a show that's been on for awhile, I tend to get obsessed to the point where I have to go back to the beginning and watch every episode in order.

I have a couple writing buddies that I do that with.

I know what you mean! I'm like that with shows too! I always wanted to get into Castle, just never got the chance! And i totally loved the first season of Covert Affairs, but never caught the second season, that's one that i need to go back to the beginning and watch.

What is killing me right now is that I've been a big TV show junkie since a little kid. One show i was utterly in love as a kid i caught an episode the other day one with the character who was my role model as a kid (and if you watch the show its shocking how much i actually ended up turning out like her) but anyway now i really want to go back and watch like all 10 seasons from the beginning! but i know i dont have the time, so i'll have to wait till summer.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I take it Will hasn't contacted you...?

No, not a words in a week. Although I contacted him yesterday giving him a week to pick his shit up from my apartment before i throw it out. He said Ok, end of conversation. I know he's off today so I was assuming he would pick up his shit today, but the lazy ass probably hasn't even gotten out of bed yet, so who know. Kind of hoping he doesn't come for it so i can have the pleasure of smashing it to shit, and or burning it.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha very true, you dont want to find out what lies beneath this shy quiet dorky exterior :evil

My mom and friends are utterly stunned how i'm handling this. My one friend was like "remind me never to piss you off... it scares me how quickly you turn. Monday you were fine, Tuesday you told me the news, Wednesday when i saw you next you were fine and plotting revenge."

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, yes it is. They are quiet for a reason. They are just stalking there prey. hehehehehehehehe!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I know what you mean! I'm like that with shows too! I always wanted to get into Castle, just never got the chance! And i totally loved the first season of Covert Affairs, but never caught the second season, that's one that i need to go back to the beginning and watch.

What is killing me right now is that I've been a big TV show junkie since a little kid. One show i was utterly in love as a kid i caught an episode the other day one with the character who was my role model as a kid (and if you watch the show its shocking how much i actually ended up turning out like her) but anyway now i really want to go back and watch like all 10 seasons from the beginning! but i know i dont have the time, so i'll have to wait till summer.

Castle is awesome. I love it so much! I almost died when I found out that there are real versions of Castle's Nikki Heat books (the first of which I own and am now reading).

Covert Affairs is okay. I think season one was better than two. Though I would probably like it better if I wasn't watching it at the same time as Burn Notice (which is excellent).

I know what you mean! I found out that Saved by the Bell (a show that I used to watch when I woke up on weekday mornings) is on Netflix and I got so excited. I watched the first couple episodes yesterday. It's kind of a cheesy show but I still love it.

It's always the quiet ones...

Yes... :D

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big Castle fan. Or to be specific, I'm a big Beckett fan. She can interrogate me any time. :LilLove:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
My show was Angel. The spin off of Buffy. I loved Buffy too but as she got into college the show went down hill quickly, and i began watching Angel more. When Fred joined the cast, i was utterly hooked! Although I"M SO MAD ABOUT HER AND WESLEY!!! They were so perfect for each other from the beginning and got three fucking days together! In like 4 season, and all that sexual tension later they got THREE DAYS!!!!

Yes, Fred was my 11 year old self's role model, her and Scully from X-Files. Guess its not really a shock i turned out to be a nerdy know-it-all after all.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I used to watch Saved by the Bell ALL THE TIME.

Isn't it great?!

I'm a big Castle fan. Or to be specific, I'm a big Beckett fan. She can interrogate me any time. :LilLove:

:D I love Beckett. She's just so badass.

My show was Angel. The spin off of Buffy. I loved Buffy too but as she got into college the show went down hill quickly, and i began watching Angel more. When Fred joined the cast, i was utterly hooked! Although I"M SO MAD ABOUT HER AND WESLEY!!! They were so perfect for each other from the beginning and got three fucking days together! In like 4 season, and all that sexual tension later they got THREE DAYS!!!!

Yes, Fred was my 11 year old self's role model, her and Scully from X-Files. Guess its not really a shock i turned out to be a nerdy know-it-all after all.

I didn't start watching Buffy until last year. I made it to season two before I found out what happens to Buffy and Angel (who I'm extremely attached to) and kind of drifted away from it. I'm thinking about starting up again this summer.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Very true!

Now i'm trying to figure out where the nearest comic book/video game/bookstore is around here.