The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Quiet here, but I'm sure people are partying hard in London!

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Crickets on my end as well, though I'm barely three weeks in, so I guess it's not that surprising. Luckily I've been busy with my R&R revisions on my other ms...I'm about to get to the "rewrite the entire second half of the ms" part...I've been doing the easy stuff first. ;-) I know it's going to be a lot of work, but I'm really excited about the new direction for the manuscript. I hope I can nail it!

You can do it, Tracy! :e2bear: (I've always wanted to use this one but never quite knew what for - I shall call him Motivational Bear!)

Here's an extra one for all Hellions - :e2bear:

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Very quiet around me. Agent was at RT. I'm still brand new on sub w/ one project, but I'm thinking I should start to hear something on a different one very soon. I've also got a goal to hit 30K in my WIP by week's end now that the kiddo is back in preschool after a long break for surgery.

washingtonienne

Writing, running or drinking
Registered
Reaction score
Today is my two-month mark on this round of subs. I know that's not terribly long in this business but it makes me antsy. :-(

Congrats DGrin!! What fabulous news.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
CONGRATULATIONS, DG!!!!!

:partyguy: :TheWave::PartySmil

Good luck, Tracy!

Just finished first full week on sub. Nothing to report, of course, but time does fly ... for now, LOL

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't notice a tattoo on my spezna, but then again, I was usually mesmerized by his chest, not his back. But you get the picture :). Yes, the woman on the motorbike is hilarious and so are the expressions on the faces of the people around, particularly the guy who pushed the button and started the "drama" going.

AmyJay

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new representation, DG! :D

Hope everyone is having a productive week. I'm bored out of my mind because my agent (she's super editorial) has two versions of my MS and is going through with the red pen. I've written so many versions of this MS, I actually feel bad for her because she has to read yet another. But we've decided to go in a different direction on my second round of subs.

Wow, it never even occurred to me that you could have your agent look at two versions of the same ms at once. (Though it probably depends on the agent.) How are you going to decide which version to send out?

Hopefully for everyone hearing crickets, silence = more serious consideration!

maybegenius

might be a giant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maybegenius.blogspot.com

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
That was hilarious, and just what I needed. I'm actually waiting to sign a contract, so major editing can be started next week (while I work full-time, too!) The agent handling the deal saved my butt, contract-wise. And she wants to see my other work. If she likes, then she'll be my agent for real.

This is even harder waiting than the no-response/rejection limbo.

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
*sighs*
Wish you got him without his shirt and recorded his accent, lol ;)

Yay, Filigree!!!

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Spezna looks fun. And rather hawt. Nice grin.

My week has decided to unload on me, in yet another fun way. My very crucial old Elna sewing machine made a new and ominous noise tonight. I usually do all the minor maintenance, but this was in an area I couldn't easily reach. Spent $12.70 on a service manual online, so I could print it and have more accurate info and diagrams than the housewife manual that came with it years ago.

If I can't diagnose and fix this myself, it's gonna cost me $150. For a $200 sewing machine. Gah.

maybegenius

might be a giant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maybegenius.blogspot.com
Oh no! I hope you can get it fixed :(

Sigh. The week caught up with me. Two R's this morning. Made it through to a second read at one pub, but no dice. First one I've heard that went through to a second read, which was awesome, but makes it almost hurt more. HNNNNGGGGG. It's just that. much. closer. but still so far away.

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
{{{{Steph}}}} That second read is heartbreaking, but it DOES mean you're heading in the right direction! Fingers crossed for you!!

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, MaybeG, I so know how that feels. Chin up. It will happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.