• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sweete Sinz Publishing (formerly Dark Storm, Phoenix Fire, Mystic Press, et al.)

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
What the?!!!

It makes the Ellora's Cave affair look like a respectful disagreement between friends.

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
You can add Dark Storm publications to the list of company names Tabetha Jones is tagging onto her roster. Silver Fang didn't happen, so now she's suckered some new patsy to front and co-partner Dark Storm, an entity that didn't exist online before last week, reportedly owned by a name that didn't exist, either, but with a picture that looks eerily like Tab's new bestie, with whom she's taken some dodgy goth pics.
There's a write up on my blog about the whole sordid mess.

Edited to add:
Here's the link to her announcement that Dark Storm has taken over Phoenix Fire.
https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixFirePublishing/posts/868622613179459
Hilarious bit of fiction, but it proves that she's switched companies. Again.
And, thanks to a little detective work, we now know that Tabetha is Destiny, using other people's pictures.

Last edited:

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
Tabetha Jones admits that she was "Destiny" - the woman she supposedly sold Phoenix fire publishing to, and that she owns Dark Storm Publications, which used to be Phoenix Fire.

Her FB post admitting it.

Or, if you can't see it there, I screen capped it at my place.

So it's official. Phoenix Fire Publishing is now Dark Storm Publications.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
This falls under the 'avoid at all costs' category of Filigree's Rule (some authors deserve some publishers). By now I have no pity for anyone joining forces with publishers like this. There's more than enough documentation for anyone to make a sane, sound decision.

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
darkstormldhutchinson.jpg

Tabetha Hoover Jones purports to be handing MP/PF/SF/DS over to Leah Diane Hutchinson, who is also the owner of Midnight Hour Publishing (also mentioned on this forum, HERE).
I'll keep updating about this transaction and Dark Storm's future practices at my place.

Last edited:

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
Mystic Press, Phoenix Fire, Silver Fang, Dark Storm (et al) is now known as Deities and Demons publications.
Same people run it, just under yet another new name.
Website
Facebook
Twitter

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
And here we go again.
Tabetha Jones has just announced the opening of yet another publishing company, D&D having folded just about overnight.
This one is called Sweete Sinz, named after her fake persona, Zoey Sweete.
sweetesinzreopen.jpg

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I feel like this thread title needs to be changed to "Tabetha Jones' Publishing Company of the Month". It's getting hard to keep track of all the applicable former names.

:popcorn:

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
I feel like this thread title needs to be changed to "Tabetha Jones' Publishing Company of the Month". It's getting hard to keep track of all the applicable former names.

:popcorn:
That would be appropriate. I don't think there's enough room across the top to name them all. They keep piling up.

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
From Tabetha Jones today:
sweetesinsnotclosingatall.jpg

Basically, "I'm closing, but I'm going to keep publishing anthologies (if I can get other people to edit and format them for me) so I'm not really closing at all, just taking down this FB page - so please keep sending me your material - but never mind that because I have all of these tragic facial injuries - despite the fact that I posted pictures last week that show not a single mark on me."

Nah. That's not dodgy at ALL.

Last edited:

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
I was all set to offer tentative sympathy (much against my better judgment). And then I saw the pics. Sigh. Somebody who had those injuries the first week of December would likely still show them.
I just peeked at your sites, and I LOVE your artwork!
32_002.gif

...Threadjack over.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
*resists the urge to ask about those photos in the publisher's Facebook feed*

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
*resists the urge to ask about those photos in the publisher's Facebook feed*
Don't worry. She's not nekkid or anything. It's just several shots of her and her fella, showing face without any bruises or scars, no "mass over her eye" or anything else. Dude looks like he's been popped in both eyes, though.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! No, I meant I thought about asking in the publisher's feed about her apparently miraculous recovery from those injuries, and point to her photos when I do so. I won't, because it wouldn't be constructive and I'm trying so hard to be nice.

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
Ha! No, I meant I thought about asking in the publisher's feed about her apparently miraculous recovery from those injuries, and point to her photos when I do so. I won't, because it wouldn't be constructive and I'm trying so hard to be nice.
Ah. I get it.
Her answer would doubtless be priceless, though.