• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wade & Co. Literary Agency (formerly Wade & Doherty L.A.) (Robin Wade)

psymun

Registered
Reaction score
Wade & Doherty Literary Agency

Hullo all!
These forums are very useful - certain threads pop up on Google with just what I was looking for, and it's nice to feel less alone as a writer - rejections abound, huzzah.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with this agency? Seems to be a great bunch of praise for Robin Wade all around, but the list of children's writers on the website is ... I'm not sure what a good word is... underwhelming? Do'nt get me wrong, as an unpublished writer it's not exactly up to me to be picky, just wanted to see if anyone knows how active he is at the moment?
Anyone submitting work to Wade and Doherty at the moment?

Thanks,

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I've submitted to them in the past, and always got rejections. They reply very promptly (a week, I think) so that's one positive. They are etsablished, good agents.

MarloweCanning

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a reply from Boo on a novel partial I sent to her in January this year. It was a rejection but was 6 months to the day turnaround.

I have sent them a second novel query and partial in mid April and no reply as of yet.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Update:

Please note that with effect from 1st February 2011 we are no longer seeking children's books for representation.

RosieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I've just joined AW, mainly because I was interested in all of you posting about Wade & Doherty! Herewith my rejection, received today, which may look rather familiar to several of you (I must say, it's one of the nicest standard rejections I've seen!):
Many thanks for sending me this material, which I read with interest.

Although I have considered this carefully I'm afraid it just doesn't quite
grab my imagination in the way that it must for me to offer to represent it.
So I shall have to follow my gut instinct and pass on this occasion. I'm
sorry to be so disappointing, but thanks for thinking of us. Of course this
is a totally subjective view, so do keep trying other agents and I sincerely
wish you every success with it elsewhere.

With all best wishes

Broo

The_Burning_Quill

Registered
Reaction score
Just a heads up for others - It seems Broo Doherty doesn't represent Fantasy, contrary to some lists I've seen.

I got a response from her today after less than a week (at this time of the year = fantastic) from subbing my Fantasy Query.

Unless it is a very oblique rejection, in which case I appreciate her attempt to spare my feelings, she wrote back saying she didn't represent Fantasy.

Kaarl

Novice Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Jordan,

Many thanks for sending us this proposal, which I read with interest. I considered it carefully but I’m afraid on balance it just doesn’t quite grab my imagination in the way that it must for me to offer to represent you. So I must follow my instinct and pass on this occasion. I’m sorry to be so disappointing, but thanks for thinking of us. Of course this is a totally subjective judgement, so do try other agents and I wish you every success.

Kind regards

Robin

Do we get decoder rings ?

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Dear Jordan,

Many thanks for sending us this proposal, which I read with interest. I considered it carefully but I’m afraid on balance it just doesn’t quite grab my imagination in the way that it must for me to offer to represent you. So I must follow my instinct and pass on this occasion. I’m sorry to be so disappointing, but thanks for thinking of us. Of course this is a totally subjective judgement, so do try other agents and I wish you every success.

Kind regards

Robin

Do we get decoder rings ?

What do you need a decoder ring for? It's quite obviously a form rejection.

Animad345

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to Wade recently... here's hoping!

Reaction score
My first attempt at posting here so if this ends up in someone's post box by mistake, or my name isn't included sz. I actually haven't a clue what I'm doing, plus I'm writing this in the dark.

To the point. I submitted 10k words to Broo Doherty two weeks ago and have heard nothing. Is no news good news or did I forget to press the send button? The more I see my comma fixation in my opening few pages, the second may be a blessing in disguise? I shall re submit if I have no response soon.