Question from graphic novel author

ReidFire

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I just found this wonderful site few days ago and it's so filled with important informations :hooray: I'm practically overwhelmed (in a good way;))
I want to ask few question since I'm practically have zero knowledge about agents and such...I tried asking in few other forums but most of the time people even dont know what an agent is...

I'm sorry if my question seemed lame before. But does anyone know how to write a good query/ any starting guides for submissions step for an author of a manga graphic novel? Since most of the guides in the forum only talk about novels.
Graphic novel takes longer time (mostly) to make since we need to both draw and write, so is it allowed to query an agent only in the form of proposal? or do I need to finish the manga first before submitting a query letter?
And the last...this might be posted in a wrong forum since AW focused only on writers but i guess there's nothing wrong with asking (mods are welcome to edit my post) Does graphic novel agents would be willing to represent only an artist? With no writer that is...since i know a few of artists have an agent to help them enter a big publisher and got scripts from there....

Thank you so much for any help in aswering this :hooray: