Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Oh. I assumed it was someone who sneaks up behind people, "pantsees", and yanks their pants down around their ankles.

:tongue

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I'm actually not really a pantser. I do outline, but it's not a strict outline. I don't work out all the details ahead, just the major ones.

And it can also be what Neuro said.

I might have done that once or twice in my misspent youth.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I'm off this am. We're going over to MIL's home to move things so she can come home. We're supposed to stop at SIL's place too. She won't be there, we're just going in to let her dogs out. Of course, while I'm there I plan on moving things.

You see, she's a bit anal retentive, my dear SIL. She has all these little knick-knacks all over. She has them placed just so. So I'll move a few things here, a few things there. Then I'll turn on all of her TV's and change the volume on them all so they're on an odd #.

I might, if I have time, get into her pantry and make it so it's not all in alphabetical order.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Dog slipped in the rain and pulled something in her back leg.

She can't get up on her own.

If it's not one thing, it's another.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Sprained/strained ankle. Vet saw her and says just to let her rest - so she's peg-legging around the house.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Hope the pup feels better.

Speaking of pups and legs and slipping, we went to see MIL today. Someone stopped by with a dog. A golden retriever named Sam. So well behaved. Shook hands and said goodbye on command. Very sweet dog.

Moved many things at our quick stop at SIL's. Waiting for her to call and yell. That's what she gets for asking us to go there.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Came home from work to discover that two of Housemate's dogs have gone at each other multiple times during the day. These two dogs have been bestest of friends from the moment they met--and now both of them have holes in them that they didn't have this morning. *sigh*

Apparently, Hector got on Bastian's last nerve and Bastian didn't forgive. Because Hector got his tail handed to him (which has never happened from another dog in his 9 years), he's cowering--which makes him prey. And Bastian hunts and reacts to prey, so there was more fights. There hasn't been any problem since I got home (guess who the real pack leader in this house is?), but it wasn't a good thing to walk in on after a too-long day at work.

OTOH, I've heard we're supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow night. I'm so excited. Housemate's surgery is supposed to be at 5 AM on Monday morning. I'm so hoping for freezing rain or 3 feet of snow or something. I so do NOT want to have to deal with that whole thing--and then close the store that night.

OTOH, I did get some words on break, so that's something.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Due to bad weather that's expected and my wife's paranoia, I will be taking the 2nd half of the day off today. She asked me if I minded. I tried not to laugh.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Monday already?

I guess spending the weekend packing up two lifetimes of accumulated junk and cleaning up old-person smell at Gramps's house really makes the weekend fly by.

My step-uncles can go to hell. They're like locusts.

They come. They steal. They leave.

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Currently editing 3 books - I got them all back at once. LOL.

Magic&Meru gets first priority because there are some major changes in the first 20 pages.

GOOD changes :D

Due to bad weather that's expected and my wife's paranoia, I will be taking the 2nd half of the day off today. She asked me if I minded. I tried not to laugh.

hehehehe... we all know the answer to that one, Vince ;)

Monday already?

I guess spending the weekend packing up two lifetimes of accumulated junk and cleaning up old-person smell at Gramps's house really makes the weekend fly by.

My step-uncles can go to hell. They're like locusts.

They come. They steal. They leave.

Aw, so sorry. Had 'relatives' like that too. But we don't call them that anymore. They've been disowned in the family. :Hug2:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Housemate listened to me and called off the surgery this morning. We had freezing rain most of the early morning hours here and we would've had to be out in the midst of it to get her to the hospital (35 miles away) by 5AM.

May I say that I have never been so very happy to have winter weather cancel plans in my adult life?

Still have to close tonight, but the roads are passable now, so not a big deal. Just the usual SSDD.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping she thinks better about getting it done, since it's already failed once. I'm also hoping that her family will finally step up to the plate and haul her butt to Pgh just once. I'm really tired of it. She's always there for them, but so far they've not been there for her. They've even been there for me, but not for her.

Wonder if that means anything....

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Today is Toby's birthday. He is 4 years old, or in doggy years, 21. So he's old enough to drink, but only at a doggy bar. As is tradition, on his birthday Toby got to sit in a chair at the table as we gave him small piece of cake with a candle in it. His mother (Jessie) and grandmother (Becky) helped him blow it out before he gobbled it down in one bite.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished the first edits on one portion of MS sent to me by my editor, I'm 60 pages into edits on another book/another editor, due back to the publisher soon...

and I sent a query and MS to Random House again today, since I'm supposed to keep in touch. So we'll see what happens. :D

It's been a busy writing weekend. LOL

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Just got a request to submit an article for a blog for walking dead fans. No money, but good exposure. It has over 11k subscribers, any article would appear on their facebook page. anything fun i want to write about the show, within 400-600 words. They want one and if they like it, they'll make me a contributer with a regular blog entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.