How'd You Find This Site?

BekkahSmith

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! :) I found this site through author Jodi Meadows' website. I love how great and active these forums are. I've been a lurker, but finally registered.

RyanKriger

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I went on ask.metafilter.com to try to get advice on how to get published (or more specifically how to set up a social media platform to build an audience) and was directed over here. So glad I found this place!

kclaw

Registered
Reaction score
I joined AW because Erin Morgenstern talked about it (or maybe just linked to it) on her blog-- it occurred to me later that I'd lurked here once or twice before, but i have no idea what lead me here those times.

Coleton

Creator of the Scorpicorn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.squidoo.com
I discovered this site by searching for the best writing forums. This site by far seemed to have the most interactive community, and the highest quality of advice. I just joined recently, and can't wait to become a part of the community!

it-girl

U r the 1 they've been waiting for.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello there. I found this sight through a Google search.

cnl790

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Google led me here

I was trying to find useful tools for self-published authors yesterday and found a rather helpful link on google. Said link sent me here. I do not remember that link but I'm pretty sure it was a Wordpress article. None the less of how I got here, but more so that I am here :)

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
For a couple of years I would do internet searches to distinguish good publishers and the bad ones and I kept finding them on this site. I finally wised up and joined.

Mjfo634

Old Dog Learning New Tricks
Registered
Reaction score
Pure Serendipity

I was working on a short fiction piece this morning and googled "Common names for Nuns." Took me to a post on this site. As I was getting ready to close the page I noticed that it was a writers forum. Read the "Newbie" letter. Played with it a little, and decided to sign up. I had a question regarding punctuation in dialog and found it in an existing thread at the top of the "Grammar & Punctuation" forum. Pretty lucky so far. I look forward to spending some time here.

Physsica

Planning a return trip to earth.
Registered
Reaction score
The omniscient, omnipresent Google. Was trying to find a writing forum/ gathering place that people actually used (besides fictionpress).

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
I googled "Writers forum", got quite a lot of answers and chose the one that I thought was the best.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I was on theonering.net and was discussing fan fiction with a fellow member via PM. She and I discovered that we both write and prefer original works over fan fiction. Then she asked if I was on AW, said that she was a member herself and found it really helpful sometimes, so I checked it out, liked it and joined. Sadly, I don't know what her username is here. :/

Lindy Moone

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lindymoone.com
I just tried to join today, and found that I had already joined last year! I had completely forgotten. Also forgot how I first heard of Absolute Write. Probably from Nathan Bransford's blog, though.

I will try to sharpen my memory skills... but between all the writing and editing and blogging and sites-upon-writing sites, it may be a lost cause. ;)

Niki03

Registered
Reaction score
Google... I was looking for an active community and a place I thought I could get help. It brought me here.

GroundSquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to find some information on an agent or agency and this forum came up. Great resource.

mrscolumbo

Registered
Reaction score
I was researching the agency that offered to represent me and found this forum.

PaulM

Registered
Reaction score
Heard about it from a local writers group, sounded neat so I signed up =)