Where to Post Excerpts of Not Yet Published Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I have an Amazon author site for my published books, which is great. I also have a blog with Blogger, a Facebook page and have an account in Google Books/E-ditions. I haven't set up my own website yet for a number of reasons. My agent is currently trying to sell my third novel. Meantime, I'm halfway through writing my fourth.

My question is this: I'd like to make available excerpts of book #3 as well as of my WIP in a way so that readers of my blog, Amazon site and Facebook page could have a glimpse of upcoming works, to whet their appetites, if you will. Does anyone have any suggestions of possibilities in absence of a personal webpage? There's really no convenient space to do so on Blogger or on Amazon.

MichelleH

Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering why it isn't convenient to do it on blogger. I've seen authors do it on there with a short intro and a link that takes the reader to the full blog post that contains the excerpt.

You could also use google docs.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Michelle:

Thanks. I'll check those out. I failed to mention earlier that I'm digitally challenged, so I'm first to admit ignorance in this area, and that my query may sound like a dumb question.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
If you haven't spoken to your agent about this yet, then you should. Posting excerpts from an unsold novel may hurt your chances of selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.