How'd You Find This Site?

Mike O'D

I found you just before I'd of had the misfortune to register with PublishAmerica.

I'm a sixty-six year old unpublished writer and computer novice.

I began writing following the death of my late spouse, Jean. Writing was, for me, therapy. I wrote to recover from, and survive, her departure.

Publication was not a goal. It wasn't even a consideration. But, now, I have an inventory of poems and short stories and a collection of anecdotes inspired by my best companion, Purly. Purly's a five year old cat. My brother found her in the woods when she was a kitten.

I'm hoping to discover, on this site, legitimate publishers who may represent avenues toward fulfillment of every writer's ambition: publication.

Loretta

Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled in here the same way Savannah...fell through the door looking for answers about an agent...there's an amazing amount of information her, IF you can figure out where to find it and then how to use it!:) I've asked for a couple of people to help with the Newbie thing...hope I sent it to the right spot...and the right people!:) GAWD!

Daehota

Registered
Reaction score
Who can question...

...the vagaries of a search engine? Late one Friday night, I was searching for a place to chat, hopefully with people who spoke in complete sentences and didn't go overboard with the "r u 4 me" stuff.

Okay, here's the really weird part: I typed "secular humanism chat" into Google and found the AbsoluteWrite chat room. I entered and found not only what I was looking for, but far more than I'd dreamed. Ain't that crazy?

narnia

Registered
Reaction score
Likewise for Savannah and Loretta, although I lurked in the shadows before becoming officially official. :D

Collis

Been getting the newsletter for some time but today ... well, I decided to join. Hi!

Loretta

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Collis:) It seems a lot of us just stumbled onto this...it's the first time I've been excited about something I fell over!:)

Spiny Norman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shufflingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Every single time I researched an agent, this site would be in the top 5 finds. It's an amazingly useful resource, I lurked on and off, and everyone here is astoundingly knowledgable and supportive of each other. I figured I might as well see what all the hubbub is about, and have not been disappointed so far.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Drinking copius quantities of scotch and the old face down on the keyboard thing and there it was AW

Steven Howard

Registered
Reaction score
I may have heard of the site before, but it was reading The Street-Smart Writer that made me actually take a look at it and register on the forum.

Croque Madame

Registered
Reaction score
I was doing a google search, looking to see if I could find more information on a certain literary mag, and it brought me to a thread on these forums (which are a terrific resource!) So . . . hi, here I am. :) I'm a long-time lurker, finally getting around to registering and posting.

SweetDawnlight

How I found the site

I found it through a lawyer,
PA gave me a contract and I took it to a lawyer and he showed me this site so bye bye contract lol.

blueobsidian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersblocks.blogspot.com
I heard about the site from many different people, blogs, and website links. I resisted joining another forum, but have decided to spend more time on my writing today.

So I obviously need more writing-related sites to procrastinate with!

RDLarson

Hello All

I was sent by Charles.:hi:Looking forward to reading your work and sharing ideas.

Merry

Registered
Reaction score
I already knew about Writers Beware as I subscribe to the feed for it, but, I didn't know (or rather, didn't register that) there was also a forum :e2smack: A link from another forum directed me here and voilá! Better late than never, I suppose! :D

JPLangsdorf

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling various agents to check their track records and reputations and stumbled upon the Beware and Background Check section. After all the good advice and discussion there, I checked out the rest of the forums.