Hey guys! New, sort of

Mallory

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! :)
I registered a long long time ago and never really posted, but now I'd like to become an active member of a writing community, and this looks like a great one.
I'm writing a YA fantasy novel called The Nightsnatchers right now.
I love talking about ideas and helping people flesh out concepts, as well as having others do the same for me when I'm stuck.
I'd love to get into the critiquing scene as well (more giving than receiving at this point, but I'd love to network for beta-readers later on when I'm ready.)
I hope I can meet some cool writer friends here!

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
Oh hai!

You welcomed me, and now I shall welcome you! *waves*

The Nightsnatchers sounds like a fantastic name for a novel! I'm interested in a synopsis now. XD

I'd like to learn to give critique, so I don't feel biased just getting it. ^^

P.S. Friends are always cool!

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Mallory welcome to the cooler. glad to have you here and you will be fine

scifimike82

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see another newbie here on the forum, even though you did sign up awhile ago, but anyways, here is a big WELCOME!!!. Your fantasy novel sounds interesting. Can you provide some info on what it is about? I write scifi/cyberpunk stories.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Mallory! :welcome:

You've made a fine choice of writing places to hang out at. AW is, imo, the best online writing community and resource out there, bar none. There's more info here than you can shake a stick at, and while it can be a bit intimidating to begin, it's well worth the effort to get acclimated. Plus, it's full of cool peeps :)

See you around the boards!

Mallory

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and for the interest in my story!
For those who asked, it involves an alternate world that is being oppressed by spirit-stealers, and a young girl who has to create a portal out of it. The main themes are liberation and facing your fears. I have a good solid handful of chapters down on it, but in terms of the rest, it's at that "I can visualize the perfect novel on the page in my mind, but it's not coming out that way in my document" stage. Surely some of you can relate ? Haha. ;)

I definitely agree that AWWC is the best place to be. I've been to a lot, and this one stands out as the hot spot.

Last edited:

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back. I hope you hang around more this time. And good luck with that YA fantasy.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

For those interested in receiving a critique of your work, there is a 50-post rule. Here's a link to some of the most commonly asked questions in the FAQs. Wondering what those interesting acronyms used around the forum mean? Find out in the Absolute Write Dictionary.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Jessykuh

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and for the interest in my story!
For those who asked, it involves an alternate world that is being oppressed by spirit-stealers, and a young girl who has to create a portal out of it. The main themes are liberation and facing your fears. I have a good solid handful of chapters down on it, but in terms of the rest, it's at that "I can visualize the perfect novel on the page in my mind, but it's not coming out that way in my document" stage. Surely some of you can relate ? Haha. ;)

I definitely agree that AWWC is the best place to be. I've been to a lot, and this one stands out as the hot spot.
Yes, I can definitely relate! It sounds really interesting though, hopefully you'll post some of it to SYW in the future! :)

And also, welcome!