• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Shadoe Publishing

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
http://www.shadoepublishing.com/

Their entire pitch is to authors. State they specialize in 'unpublished/new authors'. Part of their pitch is how they'll take your rough draft and turn it into a readable book with their editing.

About us page has no info on who they are.

Alexa stats are really awful with no real traffic coming to the site.

'Discovered' them when one of their editing staff friended me on Twitter.

Aurelee

Registered
Reaction score
Had a quick glance at their website. Am I making the right assumption that they will be charging their authors?

Get the help you need to complete your book with our affordable design, editing, and marketing services, most of which are FREE.

Also like Michael said, there is no information about them, or their previous publishing experience.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
There's no information about who's behind the company, but it appears to be a thinly-disguised self-publishing venture by one K'anne Meinel - who wrote eight of the nine books in Shadoe's catalogue: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/k-anne-meinel/5a/638/a02?trk=pub-pbmap

The quality of writing on the website itself doesn't fill me with a burning desire to read Shadoe's books, one of which rejoices in the title Bikini's are Dangerous.

On the cover letter please state your real name and not a published name or pseudo-name and method of contact.

Shadoe Publishing currently offers two different types of Web pages to help you get started even if your already an established author why not take a look at this new service?

Example 1

Example 1 ( Example below ) is a FREE web page offered to all Shadoe Publishing Authors, Whether its your first novel or your already established as an author. Why not take advantage of this offer and drop us an email? [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected]

[/EMAIL]

Also, compare and contrast:

Shadoe Publishing has connections that allow us to effectively market and sell your book(s). We work closely with our Marketing team, ensuring we can best position the books you want to promote to get exposure.

Once you have published with us, encourage your friends and family to not only purchase the book but to leave a review so that it may help others purchase your book.
http://www.shadoepublishing.com/about-us/

I have to wonder how effective Shadoe's connections and marketing team can be if they have to ask authors to encourage family and friends to buy and review their books.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
We will make sure it is free of typographic errors, an editor to help smooth the prose itself, a layout artist to build attractive and readable pages.
Kind of said enough for me.

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
We will make sure it is free of typographic errors, an editor to help smooth the prose out, a layout artist to build attractive and readable pages.
Kind of said enough for me.
Wow. It's the verbal equivalent of those "how-many-errors-can-you-spot-in-this-picture" puzzles they used to have in the funny pages of the local newspaper when I was a kid.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not going to submit to any publisher which can't spell the name of its own press.

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
I checked out a few of the new releases (all by the same author) on Amazon. Print editions are published by CreateSpace; digital ones by Amazon Digital Services. But the "publisher" of a few most recent ebooks is listed as Shadoe.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I'm not going to submit to any publisher which can't spell the name of its own press.
Maybe they're fans of Shadoe Stevens. :D

By the way, I hope the moving ad banner on their site has not induced seizures in anyone yet. To think they offer web page services to writers... Don't do it!

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, I hope the moving ad banner on their site has not induced seizures in anyone yet. To think they offer web page services to writers... Don't do it!

Oh God, I forgot to mention the moving ad banner! That alone would put me off their web page services.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But, Alice, you could have your own webpage with a moving banner ad!
Example 1 ( Example below ) is a FREE web page offered to all Shadoe Publishing Authors, Whether its your first novel or your already established as an author. Why not take advantage of this offer and drop us an email?
Maybe, for a small fee (or some donated apostrophes?), they'd copyedit and proofread your text, too.

pisceanreve

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking at indie publishers lately--this one takes the cake for the most hilariously bad covers.