Last Movie You Watched...

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
Since I'm working on a Mystery short story, I watched a couple of Hitchcock films. The best, I think, was Rear Window, or Psycho.

thekingsguard

Soldier, Scholar, Writer, WebVoyeur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com
I hope Chronicle is released in France. It looks so cool! Last film I saw, I believe, was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I thin Fincher is a genius and it was a really well made film. I didn't really like the books, though, and so I had the same issues with the movie plot. But a faithful adaption and surely superior to the Swedish adaption.

The acting was fantastic too. Oh and the editing, loved it. Glad Rooney is nominated for an Oscar. She's come so far in such a short period of time.

I loved that movie too! It's a pity there is no way Rooney will get the Oscar, she deserves it more than the others.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Finally watched The Aviator. Learned much more about Howard Hughes. I was a kid when he died -- the tabloids had a field day reporting about his bizarre behavior and lifestyle. This movie gave me a whole new appreciation for him and insight into some of his extreme behavior.

Really, it was so sad that he wasn't treated for his mental illness. Poor guy. And he lived with chronic pain from a terrible plane crash which led to his reliance on painkillers.

He was a brilliant man whose mind seemed to constantly be looking for solutions on how things could be improved. The movie actually made me want to learn more about him, and I read online about his innovations and inventions.

Good movie. (Martin Scorses fan here.)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Thor and have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how entertaining it was.

Swannington

Flying The Violent Skies
Registered
Reaction score
The Tree of Life.

I still have no idea if I liked it or hated it. One of those kind of movies.

Swannington

Flying The Violent Skies
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Thor and have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how entertaining it was.

I felt the same. It looked horrible in the trailers, but ended up being my favorite superhero movie of the year.

Elena Andrews

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elenaandrews.blogspot.com
My three year old is infatuated with Mr Popper's Penguins so that's the most recent film I watched today. And yesterday. And the day before.... But the most recent I actually watched for myself was 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' which was a lot better than I thought it'd be. Quite entertaining and I'm hoping for a sequel.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
The movie actually made me want to learn more about him, and I read online about his innovations and inventions.

Me too. After the movie I picked up Hughes: The Definitive Biography by Richard Hack. I thought it was excellent. Hughes was an absolutely fascinating guy and the movie barely scratches the surface. Having the means to indulge your every slightest whim sounds pleasant in theory, but there's a down side to it as well.

Nita

Registered
Reaction score
Real Steel... No one like this?
OK, maybe the story line seems a little childish><...

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Finally saw J Edgar.

I just don't like Eastwood as a director with a few exceptions. This wasn't one of them. Thought it was tedious and boring. Leo walked the fine line between moving and cringeworthy. But by the time he was old and fat and dying I was embarrassed for everyone.

4/10

mulcahy67

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Real Steel - 7/10

- it was a good, enjoyable action movie. the robot fight scenes were fight, and the story was generally well-told, if a little too cheesy at times. i was surprised because when i first saw trailers for this movie i thought it'd be crap.

the robot punching the bull at the beginning was a little "lolwut" though.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Attack the Block - Aliens invade what I think was the Brit equivalent of a housing project. It was kind of along the lines of Tremors in that it was tongue in cheek--and frequently very funny--but there was also some straight horror. I quite liked it, but there were a couple of points where the accents and slang were such that I considered turning on the subtitles.

Aubie

Live and let live
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm behind on current movies, I don't know how old this one is. But I just watched The Next Three Days with Russell Crowe & Elizabeth Banks, and my husband and I both loved it. My pulse was pounding nearly the whole time.

Also watched Horrible Bosses the same night and loved it. Hilarious.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Return to Me - Minnie Driver is just so cute.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
The Host One of my favorite monster movies. Song Kang-Ho is great!

I have this on my Netflix Cue. Keep pushing it down cause I wasn't sure about it, but now I'll push it up.

I think I'm behind on current movies, I don't know how old this one is. But I just watched The Next Three Days with Russell Crowe & Elizabeth Banks, and my husband and I both loved it. My pulse was pounding nearly the whole time.

Also watched Horrible Bosses the same night and loved it. Hilarious.

Saw The Next Three Days recently too and hubs and I loved it! Horribile Bosses is on my Netflix cue. Should be receiving it soon!

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, because it was free on Encore, I watched the Sorcerer's Apprentice (Disney) with Nicholas Cage. The apprentice was some random actor, I think, but he was very good as an adorable dork.

It was kinda cheesy, but also funny. I was entertained, and I spent zero dollars. :D