XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJMaxwell

As Seen In Real Life
Registered
Reaction score
I can count the number of system crashes I have had in that time on one hand, and most of them occured immediately after an upgrade while installing stuff.

Because I'm incredibly amused by how well it's been working, I feel I should tell you that I've had one annoying issue with Windows 7 regarding a specific update a few months ago, and exactly one crash since I installed it about two years ago, which was my fault (a looped command script I made that, well, accidentally opened a million instances of Photoshop or something while I was away from the computer).

Nor have I had any virus problems...

*insert generic popularity-versus-infection-likelihood argument here*

Honestly though, after the bug-ridden garbage that was Vista, and fully understanding that 7 isn't any more than a debugged and, in some ways, de-fanged version of it, I've been really impressed lately. I wouldn't trust it in any sort of environment where 99%+ uptime is a necessity (Windows Server 2008 scares me), but that's feeling almost like a statement on "old habits die hard" rather than a comment on their current stability. *shrugs*

I do love penguins though...

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
LIke I said, I'm not a huge linux fanboy. Nor do I hate windows, well, yeah, I do, but since it's on 99% of the computers in the world, that's just wasted energy.

I have not tried Windows 7. I have heard that it is better than Vista.

Penguins are cute.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have not tried Windows 7. I have heard that it is better than Vista.

Having used Vista for many moons, I'm convinced MS Dos, Linux, Unimatrix Zero, two cans with a piece of string, or a bag full of angry hornets is better than Vista.

In fact, I am sorely tempted to replace it with the Wind0ws 3.11 I found on floppy disk a couple weeks back....

effing OS....

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
*waves to everyone*

Hey everyone big hugs to Junie and 10. Hope mothers are doing better today

CM - this female prefers housework. Food and pretties are nice, but helping with the housework grabs my heart every time.

Fen- what I'm working on? 2 short story drafts. Edits on one and writing the other, an afghan (will be nice to work on it today as it is chilly here in the office) and beadwork--which you can see here.

Debio Hello! I installed Ubuntu on my netbook a few weeks ago. Loving it. Poor thing came with the windows7 starter, however the more updates it pulled the more RAM it used until loading a webpage took a few minutes! The Linux is much easier on the little thing. Loving it so far.

Sorry folks been busy. This weekend did more cleaning in the back yard. The former tenants were such disgusting slobs! the outside of the house is about 85% clean now. (yes it has taken this long to get it all done) We have a spot picked out to put a garden, and my clothes line will go up soon. We just need a chainsaw to clean up all the small trees that have sprouted. -_- *grumbles about people just mowing their yards

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Having used Vista for many moons, I'm convinced MS Dos, Linux, Unimatrix Zero, two cans with a piece of string, or a bag full of angry hornets is better than Vista.

I :heart: you.

I :heart: all of you, actually. Thanks for the well-wishes and for cheering me up :)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
*hugs 10*

*offers everyone else freshly baked chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting*

Hey everyone! I'm actually feeling better today so my plan of having a WRITE-A-THON is on! I wanted to see what it was like to take my normal work day and follow my normal schedule at home as a writer. Start at 9:30- break for lunch at 2:00 and write until 6:30 with only 2 bathroom breaks in there. I have bacon, eggs and toast, coffee and my Keurig filled up and ready to go!

T-minus 13 minutes!

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Short story is in 1st person. I have used red font for all narrative sentences that have the word "I". I have used green for dialog sentences(for both characters).

There is too much red on my screen. *sigh*

I'm tired, I'll de-redify my MS tomorrow.

Bed time. Night folks.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Have you though about having a theme of some kind and getting others in on the action too? Seems like it would be pretty entertaining ^_^

Anyone who is willing to join in is more than welcome to! :D My over-all goal is just to reach the halfway point of my WIP today. Theme... PROGRESS IN WRITING! No editing the heck out of everything. Get the words written down.

Not so much a them as a mantra, I guess...

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CM - this female prefers housework. Food and pretties are nice, but helping with the housework grabs my heart every time.

Dishes are my specialty. Kitchen stuff in general are the chores I prefer.

Does not like laundry, however. We hates it.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I clean.

Which I have mentioned before. Just for reference's sake.

:D

Sorry guys, My heart is already taken by a man who does dishes and all of the heavy work. He fusses when I bring in groceries! lol

I do the dishes and sweep/vacuum floors on the weeks the boys aren't here.

Weeks the boys are here-- I do almost nothing! Besides cook, apparently I make a mean home made pizza. ;)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
*hugs 10*

*offers everyone else freshly baked chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting*

Hey everyone! I'm actually feeling better today so my plan of having a WRITE-A-THON is on! I wanted to see what it was like to take my normal work day and follow my normal schedule at home as a writer. Start at 9:30- break for lunch at 2:00 and write until 6:30 with only 2 bathroom breaks in there. I have bacon, eggs and toast, coffee and my Keurig filled up and ready to go!

T-minus 13 minutes!

that is a daunting schedule - best of luck!

I can't write that many hours....

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I actually slept in until 6am today. Woot! Very refreshing.

Morning folks. I know some of talk about what we are working on but I'm curious to hear what everyone is tackling and what they like about it.

Well, I should be working on my rewrite for my first WIP. I really love my MC. She's been floating around in my head for... 12 years (wow) waiting for a good enough story and I finally feel like I'm making something worthy of her awesomeness.

Woah woah woah....food?

I was told jewlrey.

Lies.

LIES!!!

Preggo women generally prefer food over almost anything.

YES! This.

*takes 3* One for me, one for Little Kricket and one for Baby Kricket.

I do laundry, too. Fold and iron, as need be.

Which is a need I try to have be as little as possible.

You two are welcome to come trade with Mr. Kricket anytime! ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Moring all. *ow*
Really hate going to the dentist. *ow*

One tooth left to fix. *ow*

Anyone got some vicodin? *ow* I'd be House's servant for a week for one vicodin right now...

At least you arent living in 1800...

Sorry I've not been in the cantina much lately. Taking care of Mother has taken on new and disturbing dimensions. I may be hard to find for a while, until we get this new routine sorted out.

I will try to check in, post at least once a day. But if I disappear, you'll know it's not because I don't love you. Because I don't. DO, I DO love you, yeah, that's it, sure. ;)

We :heart: you too. Take care and best wishes for your mother.

oh, 10! I hope all goes well with mom!

It's 6:30 am and I'm up. I'm also having my day off work. Sigh.

And I think Fen knows... or maybe not. I'm working on editig a completed UF with a government agent who looks for magical folks. Terror ensues. Step 3: Profit.

Tell us moar! And what u like most.

Short story is in 1st person. I have used red font for all narrative sentences that have the word "I". I have used green for dialog sentences(for both characters).

There is too much red on my screen. *sigh*

I'm tired, I'll de-redify my MS tomorrow.

Bed time. Night folks.

I also have too many I sentences in my short. Evil bastards!

I'm missing a quote from someone who mentioned their story... Reply was also tell us moar :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kricket- wow, thats a long time to know a character :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Kricket- wow, thats a long time to know a character :)

Well, she started out as a really god-moding RP character when I was 13. Over time I came up with her back story and wrote little snippets and beginning of stories, but nothing felt right. Then I marry Mr. Kricket, he asks me one simple question about the character and I'm all like "Why didn't I think of that?!" And BAM! I had a full grown novel idea that actually made sense.

This story would be a lot further along if I hadn't gotten infested with a tiny, yet cute, parasitic life form. ;)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
{{{{10}}}}

Anyone got some vicodin? *ow* I'd be House's servant for a week for one vicodin right now...

I don't think he likes to share, sadly. I'll be with you shortly, since I'd due at the dentist in a few hours. :(

{{{Junely}}}

The day job just upgraded to XP. Yeah, you heard that right. We're on the cutting edge, people!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer it to Vista but it's, what, a decade old?

Something like that.

As an added bonus, M1crohard will not support it past 2014.

Goooood tiiiiiimes.

Correction: I went to the support page and it looks like they aren't supporting it anymore on pre-installed PCs. Trying to find out about "upgrades".

RE-RE-correction: I was right the first time. SP3 ends in 2014. The expired thing was for sales.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.