Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
holy crap...you people are fast readers! no discussing it! (-;

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Mockingjay should be available here today, but I made a few calls yesterday and no one had got their orders yet, but told me to ring them today. :( I'm going to give it until after lunch because obviously not all the book deliveries arrive promptly at 9:01am, haha.

Please don't spoil anything--not all of us outside the US have a copy yet!

vfury

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Stolen. Don't want to spoil anything, but wow, a scene towards the end really gave me the creeps. It was a really well done book.

Might reread something today, as I don't want to start something and then abandon it for MJ tomorrow (hopefully).

vfury

Registered
Reaction score
And having just posted that, my ringing finally paid off--it just came into one of the stores. They're putting one aside and I'm running for a shower before dashing in. YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not in a hurry to read Mockingjay. I enjoyed The Hunger Games although it is derivative and Collins didn't really follow through on the set up (Katsa never actually kills anyone deliberately in that book - it's all kids whacking each other or people dying accidentally) and then Catching Fire was a blatant rehash of the first with older people and a train journey and a bit more of a love triangle.

MM

vfury

Registered
Reaction score
Today's my day off. Hence why I really wanted it. ;)

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not in a hurry to read Mockingjay. I enjoyed The Hunger Games although it is derivative and Collins didn't really follow through on the set up (Katsa never actually kills anyone deliberately in that book - it's all kids whacking each other or people dying accidentally) and then Catching Fire was a blatant rehash of the first with older people and a train journey and a bit more of a love triangle.

MM

Haha, Katsa... Graceling confusion? >.>

p.s. - just finished reading Mockingjay. GRRRRRRRRRR the ending = boo.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith.

Okay, I've never read anything so terrifying--and I read a lot of horror. It took me 20 or so pages to really get into it. But now....

Anyone else read this?

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I've heard of Lockdown. It looks amazing.

My copy of Mockingjay hasn't even left the freaking warehouse yet. This is me cranky.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Mockingjay.

Reading Perry Moore's Hero.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
egoodlett:
Haha, Katsa... Graceling confusion? >.>

D'oh! Yeah - but then, they're both tough female characters, they both have names beginning with 'K', they both have love triangle elements and they're both involved in deadly situations.

Really, I blame Cashore and Collins (and OMG! 2 authors, same letter surnames - it's like they're doing it on purpose to confuse poor idiots like me!!)

Ahem.

Yeah.

I'm going now and taking my embarrassment with me. ;)

MM

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
D'oh! Yeah - but then, they're both tough female characters, they both have names beginning with 'K', they both have love triangle elements and they're both involved in deadly situations.

Really, I blame Cashore and Collins (and OMG! 2 authors, same letter surnames - it's like they're doing it on purpose to confuse poor idiots like me!!)

Ahem.

Yeah.

MM

LOL - I love it! :)

So - this week I've read catching Fire (wanted to make sure I remember all the players :))

Then Winter Longing by Tricia Mills. One of those rainy day comfort reads - which was lovely and teenagery.

And Mockingjay! Yay. which was darker than the first two and impressive and I'm still getting my head around it all. ALTHOUGH I REGRET listening to Collins reading the first chapter b/c her voice kept getting stuck in my head in the first few chapters, haha. So annoying! Which makes me wonder if I'm used to my own internal reading voice being in the Aussie accent or something? Ooookay...

And now I've mover on to: Saltwater Vampires by Kirsty Eagar - which is an Australian Surfing Vampire Thriller and very kick-arse so far.

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score

Ahem.

Yeah.

MM

Plus, both of their second books in the series had "Fire" in the title! But yeah, I was at a reading with both of them, and I think it was Collins who said she was jealous of the name Katsa, cause it sounded snappier than Katniss... hehe

DrummerGirl

Capturing the Castle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkcrush.blogspot.com
Plus, both of their second books in the series had "Fire" in the title! But yeah, I was at a reading with both of them, and I think it was Collins who said she was jealous of the name Katsa, cause it sounded snappier than Katniss... hehe

Katsa is more kick-arse of a name.

But Katniss has the cute Catnip nick name :)

so funny they've discussed it

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I loved Hunger Games but was extremely disappointed with CF. So I decided to just put a hold on Mockingjay at the library.

I'm number 435. I'll let you know my thoughts in 2012.

vfury

Registered
Reaction score
I loved Hunger Games but was extremely disappointed with CF. So I decided to just put a hold on Mockingjay at the library.

I'm number 435. I'll let you know my thoughts in 2012.

Wow! :O

Almost halfway through Eighth Grade Bites, Book One in the Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer. I wasn't sure about it at first (and some mentions of blood grossed me out, which makes me think I need a break from vampires because I'm normally fine with blood), but there's something quriky and charming about it (not the words I thought I'd originally use!) and I want to know what happens.

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Catching Fire and Mockingjay. I enjoyed Catching Fire, but it was a little derivative of the Hunger Games - although I liked the set-up for the QQ. My thoughts on Mockingjay are in the thread in the book club forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.