Status
Not open for further replies.

rosehips

Mr. Boo is watching you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.upwork.com
Is it okay to come on this forum and offer trade in favors, such as I'll tag your book on Amazon if you tag mine, or I'll read and review your book if you read and review mine? If not, I apologize! And please just go ahead and delete this thread immediately. :)

rsullivan9597

Banned
Reaction score
Is it okay to come on this forum and offer trade in favors, such as I'll tag your book on Amazon if you tag mine, or I'll read and review your book if you read and review mine? If not, I apologize! And please just go ahead and delete this thread immediately. :)

I can't speak to "the board" policy but I will say that offering to trade reviews is ALWAYS a bad practice. It is a no-win situation. If you like the book the review is ignored because readers will easily see it as a trade. If you don't like the book you are in between a rock in a hard place as you don't want to lie yet you don't want to slam someone.

In general, tagging (IMO) - is another matter. You are not "recommending" a book - just helping a fellow author to get the right keywords assigned to their work.

Again these are my "personal" opinions I haven't studied what the board moderators opinions are.

rosehips

Mr. Boo is watching you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.upwork.com
Yeah, I can see your point about the reviews. But I'm finding it really difficult to get people to tag my books, mostly because people don't seem to really understand what tagging is at this point. So maybe I'll just stick to offering a trade in tagging.

Anyone want to trade tagging services?

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
Tagging is actually not such a great idea - Sigler just tried this, coordinated effort of fans to appropriately tag the book, but since there were no sales at the same time, the book's rank went up (as in the bad up).

rosehips

Mr. Boo is watching you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.upwork.com
Argh. I'm having a bad week. My sales have come to screeching halt (I have theories as to why) and I'm casting about for a way to get them started again. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.