On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Agent call yesterday about the YA:

Definitive steps to make the YA saleable as YA. (I veered a little to the adult side in several spots.) So many compliments for my characters and plotting. Said he thinks I could write a kick-ass adult steamy PR and that is a project he wants to work on with me in the future. Also had suggestions for a Book 2--which isn't even a gleam in my eye till he sells this book, but which now is starting to make SNI noises in my head.

And discussion about his vacation, the remake of Fright Night, and other stuff.

I'm telling you, he is my reward for the mountain range of crap I climbed to get here. Love that man. Talk about someone with you for your career. I has a happy.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Such exciting news, Lily!

I love Frank and Guilia so much, but boy it's gonna be a freaking party when you sell this YA and jump on the YA crazy train. Bring your ruler.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Crossed for you too, Anne!

And someone more knowledgeable than I has informed me that nomination means diddly. enough people have to vote for any one nominated book for that book to make it onto the ballot. So since I'm a debut, I'm going to put those things out of my mind. One less thing to obsess over. :)