A Life of Crime and Chocolate

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While you lot up there are frolicking the sun, it's freezing down here.

Second big cold front has just hit and they're predicting rain and possibly snow. (Snow is relatively unheard of in Jo'burg.)

Soup is just about the perfect thing right now. I've done my grocery shopping and I bought potatoes, leeks and butternut.

Now the decision is: Leek and potato soup with rye bread - or - butternut soup with sesame seed bread. (I bought a packet of sesame seeds just in case.)

Oh. And I bought chocolate too. :D

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My favourite soup is made by first roasting a turkey and then eating it. Then you make a soup from the carcass.

Obviously this doesn't really fit with the whole "healthy" thing, but it's damn tasty. ;)

How strange, that is my favourite soup too. I'm also partial to turkey. (with ham, and meat stuffing, and roasties...:drool)

Thundery wet weather here at the moment, perfect for home-made soup.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back from my usual Friday trip over the bridge. Managed to stop for Whole Foods, at which I procured both quinoa AND chocolate.

Life is good.

ETA: Cross-posted with Doc. You're going to love this one! :tongue

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
If you use your usual receipt for tomato based soup and add a fourth a cup more water you can serve it cold. At least it works with many tomato bases soups.

There's a name for cold tomato with chopped veggies soup - gespo something. I think it's Spanish.

Gail!!!! how do you spell that soup's name?

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Onesecondglance you are a genius.

I can't spell in one language much less more than one. (the spell check helps, everyone thank my sister for getting that up and running. Well, don't thank her if you enjoyed the 'figure out what Stlight was trying to say' game.)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
gazpacho?

gezundheit!

:roll:

And I couldn't have spelled that correctly if you'd put a dozen dictionaries in front of me.

Usually I google something and it says, "Do you mean.... this?" And google almost always figures out what I meant. :)

Profound thought for the day. Why is choco late? Surely something this important should be on time?

And with that lame joke I am taking myself off to bed. It's 1:15a.m. here. :e2yawn:

Last edited:

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
Hey everyone.

I interviewed today with a magazine for an editing position. I'm really hoping I get it. I will keep everyone updated.

Although, it's not really MTS, but more horror content.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I see that Silly Joke Season has started! Here is mine - In Norfolk, UK there is a town called Diss. As you approach the town Diss appears.

marianck

Registered
Reaction score
I was going to say I love gespacho, but that's the old joke now, huh?

I got good news today! Hired for a full-time personal trainer job! I'm excited. :)

Makes me want to go exercise more. ;)