Rock'n'Roll

OtavioCaetano

Want, just be sincere
Registered
Reaction score
You guys know some good contemporary fiction books about rockstars or rock'n'roll lifestyle or background? I need to know some to get some ideas.

Hope it's the right board to ask for books :p

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis was a terrific book, and I'm not even a huge Chili Peppers fan or anything. I've heard Slash's memoir is supposed to be pretty good as well. If you go to Barnes And Noble, they should actually have a whole Rock 'N Roll section (or at least the one by me does).

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Espedair Street by Iain Banks and The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie comes to mind. Though I hated the protags of the latter so much I wanted to club them unconscious with a stratocaster.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
All of the titles I was going to mention are non-fiction - are you looking at those as well, or is it only fiction you are after?

Stirlander

Sagebrush Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sagebrushrebel.blogspot.com
One of my favorite books of all time is K.L. Going's Fat Kid Rules the World. It's a YA "rock n' roll" book, specifically about punk rock. It's probably not what you're looking for, but it's an AMAZING book. I've read it at least 10 times, and it moves me every time (and I HATE YA fiction for the most part).

For non-fictionNikki Sixx's The Heroine Diaries. There's just nothing like it.