Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Smiley: I'll check out Witch Eyes! Sounds like it's in my wheelhouse (whatever that means).

Thanks for the rec!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
A cat threw up on my writing couch, and I'm totally at a loss for where to work now. I mean, I cleaned it up, but it's still wet from the cleaning.

nonasuch

Registered
Reaction score
Sage got a hairdryer? If nothing else, it'll give you something to do.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I really need a day or two to forget that the cat threw up there too, lol

Parataxis

Obsessive Plotting Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, a little cat puke never hurt anybody. Cat pee, now that...

Just kidding. I would suggest turning the cushions over if you can. They won't dry as fast, but it will give you a chance to reclaim your spot for now.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
I feel your pain, Sage. My writing couch finally gave up the good fight. My wife insisted on replacing it. Not animal damage, but large posterior damage.

However, the dog has destroyed every other piece of furniture in the house. I think he's bored watching me write.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
I hate it when my cat pukes on stuff and I have to clean it up. Can you write at a counter, a table, a comfortable chair?

My two week hiatus from my WIP is up. I think two weeks is too long. After the first week, I had some fresh perspective and new ideas. After the second week, I forgot about it and didn't think about it much. Now it will be a struggle to get back into it.

I need another few days too, since I have a book review due. I had the entire afternoon to read the book, but I got distracted by Plants Vs Zombies after 20 pages or so.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Dorothy, I'm looking forward to your book. Your tease about the cover--and the cool title--is already piquing my interest.

Thanks! I like the sound of your book, too.

Sage, that sucks. Is it out of the question to get it professionally cleaned? At least that way you know every spec and fiber is puke-free. *shudders* Or, you know, throw a towel over the spot. ;-)

And I have an announcement. I will be holding another agent-judged pitch contest on my blog next month. So if you're polishing up your manuscripts, get it done before the third week in August. It's a three-sentence pitch, like last time. Winner gets a full request from lit agent. :)

Periwinkle

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on your novel, Dorothy! I can't imagine how exciting that must be. What an awesome contest! I wish I had a ms to pitch but I'm far, far from that stage.
Some day....

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Dorothy that sounds like an awesome contest... I wish I was around to participate (darn going to Europe for college grad present :tongue). Good luck to those who enter :D

Seeing the Amazing Spider-Man today! It's supposed to be 100degrees F here, blech.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
If more betas get back to me on TM (only one has), it is possible I could do that contest now.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I hate it when my cat pukes on stuff and I have to clean it up. Can you write at a counter, a table, a comfortable chair?
I was on the guest room futon for a while. We're hosting the in-house cat from my roomie's kennel because they have no power and it's in the 100s, and he's hanging out in there. But I ended up watching Hulu in there, lol. So I moved to the kitchen table for a while, but I can only work there so long before I get restless. Going to the couch downstairs leads me to put in a DVD, so I curled up on the clean half of the writing couch and actually was productive, lol.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Sage I hope you get to enter TM! I think TM sounds like a fun story and I hope it does well (contests, agent-y things, other things). :)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Smiley! :LilLove:

I'm having a problem with "new posts" showing up in my user CP in YA. Not happy about that.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Now two have :D

In other news, I'm being driven mad by cats :cry:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
And a second Trouble beta. Today is a beta reading day for me, but when I get back to writing, I have no idea what to work on, lol

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hey guys!! Hope you're all doing well. A night or two ago I sent my revised novel to a beta, so here's hoping I'm closer to being done with this revisions. Or at least, closer to making it a better/stronger novel :)

I also just saw The Amazing Spider-man and really really enjoyed it (closer to the comics! and a much darker feel than the Raimi Spiderman movies).

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It's been pretty quiet in here today, hasn't it?

Good luck with betaing!

Status
Not open for further replies.