Favorite word and/or form of punctuation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
I get another favorite word that I use every three months.

The word I kept saying 3 months ago was Fickle

Now, I keep saying everything is Asinine. I'mwaiting to see what my next word will be.

Fav punctuation is the Comma. I use commas religiously. Every time I edit, I delete at least 20 uneeded commas.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
I use "rather" much too much in my writing. As in, "She was rather convinced that..." or "he rather thought it was..." It's one of those words that often doesn't need to be there, but I like throwing it in anyway. As for punctuation, I'm rather partial to the comma, although I also like semi-colans (everyone lets out a collective groan, I know) and-- as my BETA knows-- dashes.

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot my favorite non-English words: Shalom, Shakhor, Catorce, Miercoles, etc. I love the way they're pronounced.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I forgot my favorite non-English words: Shalom, Shakhor, Catorce, Miercoles, etc. I love the way they're pronounced.

For non-English words I think I'd have to go for the Russian formal hello - zdrastvuitye. It just sounds so commanding. :)

I like syndactyly. Even hearing the definition of the word gave me an idea for a story once.

The pictures that popped up when I googled that one sure gave me some ideas. Ai. I wonder if that's what the baby in Rapture of Canaan was supposed to have had?

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
If we're moving outside of English...

I love Mandarin. The pronunciation is beautiful, as are the characters. I can't single any out.

Mr. E

Registered
Reaction score
Favorite word: Gossamer

Favorite punctuation: (!)

As in "Archie introduced me to his gorgeous wife, Veronica. As she put down her glass of tobasco sauce (!) to shake my hand, I realized where I'd seen her before: ninth-grade algebra at Riverdale High."

Thomas White

Registered
Reaction score
I love words with power behind them. Examples: shattered, obliterated, destroyed, exterminated, eradicated, annihilated.

I also enjoy using the simple worlds that describe the undescribable. Life, soul, essence, spirit, and of course, love.

Status
Not open for further replies.