A Life of Crime and Chocolate

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

I'm just popping in to wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!
May 2012 bring you everything you wish for...

.... and lots of chocolate. :D

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
6 hours and it's 2012.

I plan on writing when the clock strikes midnight. Hopefully I can spend all of 2012 doing what I did when new year struck.

What are everyone's resolutions?
I hope to finish my first draft in 2012.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year, Gail and French!

French, my resolution is to start scheduling my time. Right now it's a chaos of whenever anyone needs me I let myself get totally sidetracked--from writing and other me stuff--and I wound up spinning my wheels so much in 2011 I didn't get enough me. So... my New Year's goal is to be more selfish, really. :tongue Sounds terrible when I say it like that, but I'll still do all my volunteer work, I'll just make sure I'm taken care of before there's more piled on. Does that make sense?

How about you?

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
To keep my son in remission (not that I have much control over that but any who), and to fnish my first draft of my WIP.

I think selfish is good - meant in the best way possible. If you dont take enough time out for yourself, you get strethced so thin, there is nothing left of you. You need that time to reflect on yourself, to do things for you.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
6 hours and it's 2012.

I plan on writing when the clock strikes midnight. Hopefully I can spend all of 2012 doing what I did when new year struck.

What are everyone's resolutions?
I hope to finish my first draft in 2012.

This is a good idea. I was debating whether to go down to the Old Town Square or the castle or something to watch the fireworks but maybe this is a far better way to spend the time. I might start writing my WIP on midnight as well (though I have another 9 1/2 hours to go).

Resolutions? To actually knuckle down and finish a draft of something that will be submitted, and not to get discouraged even if I have a repeat of last year and basically everything to do with my writing goes horribly wrong. And to be tidier in general around the house. And also to knuckle down and get on with my Czech. I want to be fluent by summer.

Sassy3421

Plotting murder..most of the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sassy3421.blogspot.com
New Year's resolutions? Good question. I guess just like every year - keep up the writing, editing and networking :)

On a personal side of things (since that's the purpose of this thread), I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds LOL

Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what my resolution will be this year. I kinda liked my 2011 -- I queried my first novel (who woulda thunk I'd have a novel to query?), won a writing contest, got a paid ghostwriting gig, attended a writers' conference, and started a blog that I (surprisingly) really enjoy doing. I feel super-blessed and very fortunate.

Happy New Year to all of you, with best wishes that we'll all be super-blessed in 2012! :)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year

My New Year resolution is not to have any resolutions.

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I planned on spending this afternoon hashing out what my goals for January and the new year are.

I guess we'll see in a few hours. ;)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year, everyone.

May it be filled with laughter and fun (and lots, and lots of chocolate.:D)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year! I made it till 11, which is way late for me, watching Cowboys and Aliens. Then the dog woke me at 4:30. I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. :tongue

What did you all do for New Year's Eve?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
New Year's Eve? Stayed in watching Charlie's Angels because it had Czech subtitles rather than being dubbed, so it's better for learning. One really cool moment though was an episode called 'Angels on a Roll', which the subs translated as 'Angels on a bread Bun'. Made a Czech style dinner and helped my wee kitty calm down after the neighbours started putting off fireworks right outside our house. Skyped home, waited til 1am, which was their midnight, and then went to bed.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Angels on a bread bun... :tongue

Poor kitty! I hate fireworks. Stella did not enjoy. She's still coming down from the nervous.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
SnowB is a bit better tonight but we've still got some fireworks tonight so he's a bit jittery, but he had nightmares and was shaking all last night. He's a rescue kitty so a bit nervous anyway. Don't like Hogmanay for that reason, not to mention the drunks everywhere (though admittedly Prague is not half as bad for that than Glasgow).

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I had every intention to be writing at midnight - But my son decided he wanted to wake up at 10.30 and stay awake - which I didn't kind as he is on school holidays untill Feb and I was already awake. So I was reading at the stroke of midnight instead while my little boy was drawing me lovely pictures of fire engins :).

We went to bed at about 12.05 and Dash went off with hte fireworks - He doesnt bark at all really - This is the first time he has barked using his big boy bark - He barks like a little tiny dog when he is being playful, wants in or there is a thunderstorm. But he was going off i dont know if it was the fireworks or all the people cheering that did it. Either way it got him inside and he slept in the laundry.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I shared this on FB, but had to bring it here, too. Hard for me to believe this is the same wire-haired, cloudy-eyed, sick, frightened dog we brought home four weeks ago today.

DSCN1812.jpg

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
She's so beautiful, and looks so happy :)
Your grass is so green.
It's summer here and we've got water restrictions - My lawn doesnt exist, i have a front and back yard full of dirt and dead patches of grass :(

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Happy New Year, Gail and French!

French, my resolution is to start scheduling my time. Right now it's a chaos of whenever anyone needs me I let myself get totally sidetracked--from writing and other me stuff--and I wound up spinning my wheels so much in 2011 I didn't get enough me. So... my New Year's goal is to be more selfish, really. :tongue Sounds terrible when I say it like that, but I'll still do all my volunteer work, I'll just make sure I'm taken care of before there's more piled on. Does that make sense?

How about you?

Were you reading my mind Jude? I think you might have been. You worded my goal well. :D
My volunteer work consists of a lot with boy scouts, but I'm going to start delegating more.
Sometimes, with my family, it's a case of if I'm up I'll grab it, now its wait till mom/wife stands up and ask her to get it. They all sort of slipped into that it seems after the grandbaby arrived. Retraining the family so yeah, there doesn't need to be chaos, they think they need me for too much, but they really don't. Obviously if I went away they would be able to do things just fine. I need writings blocks in my day. Not only because it's the "butt in chair" writing thing but because its relaxing.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks ladies! :) And French, if our lawn isn't perfect the HOA comes around. :flamethrower They aren't nice about it, either.

History, good luck! It's a noble and worthy goal. Let's see if we can do it! :snoopy: