Chinese Imports

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
Well in addition to lead laced toys, we apparently have imported Chinese Torture Techniques…sorry "coercive management techniques" that were used by the Chinese during the Korean War.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/02/america/02detain.php

You would think that we could have thought up some of our own. They could have asked AW P&CE for help!

I wonder if the Chinese could file a copyright infringement on the U.S. government.

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
Add techniques of the Gestapo, WWII Japanese, KGB, STASI, SAVAK, ME, and Latin American dictatorships, and one has a huge menu from which to select. Horrifying to contemplate

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
How about some North Korean torture?

LiveLeak-dot-com-197410-NorthKorean.jpg

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, damn. That hurt my eyes.

It's still not as bad as my infamous 'Britney Spears' costume. Trust me, you never want to see that. Just ask Jenna, she was sick for a week.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
The problem I'm having is that the points I would like to make are covered under my Secrecy Act. I hope that doesn't sound like a cop out, but I can't go into too much detail on why studying past interrogation methods and techniques is beneficial.

I have studied interrogation methods and techniques in order to become a better interrogator. Good guys, bad guys, torture, body language, coersion...studied them all. In order to be the best you can at your job, you should probably study those who went before you. It's like we do here - we tell newbies to study far and wide on their writing in order to improve. It's the same with Interrogators. You need to decide what will work and what won't. You'd be surprised at the amount of plannning and preparation goes on for a single interrogation session. There is doctrine, based on the Geneva Conventions, and proceedures that must be followed. It is identified during training those who may enjoy interrogating and they don't make it through. It's a heart wrenching occupation where you are potentially one on one with murderers.

I've seen intellectually brilliant men and women burn out quickly as an interrogator. Interrogators live by the adage that the information they are getting is saving lives or ha the potential to save lives. I have never met an interrogfator who has stepped outside of the boundaries in a real time situation.

So, back to the OP. We've all seen the Chinese chart and have studied the processs. Doesn't mean we've used their methods and techniques.

JJ

Last edited: