dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
People who don't live in big cities where tap water is sh*t.

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
Wait, he has to come up with a poll, but you get to rest on your "interpretation"? Show us a poll that supports what you're saying.

LOL!!!

Why?

Do you have a poll to support every one of your posts?

Of course not.

Duh.

"he HAS to come up with a poll??"

blac specifically said "the response polls say..."

yeah, then he HAS to come with a poll...

Big swing and a miss, or caught looking like Beltrain for you on that post, Gaffer. Sorry.

'Nuff said.

Regardless, it's only human common sense of the highest scale based on all historical election data that the more press an issue gets, the more people come out for that issue.

Of course more conservatives will come out the polls next week because of this issue.

And more liberals as well.

Duh. With sugar on top.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Big swing and a miss, or caught looking like Beltrain for you on that post, Gaffer. Sorry.

'Nuff said.
Argh, low blow.

Regardless, it's only human common sense of the highest scale based on all historical election data that the more press an issue gets, the more people come out for that issue.
But that's a generalized statement, man. you're not presenting any other evidence than "I said." Which makes it an opinion. So no, you don't need a poll on it, but it's no more valid a statement than what blacbird said.

Of course more conservatives will come out the polls next week because of this issue.

And more liberals as well.

Duh. With sugar on top.
Which makes the entire post moot, no? I mean, now we're into the semantic quibbling game.

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
Argh, low blow.

But that's a generalized statement, man. you're not presenting any other evidence than "I said." Which makes it an opinion. So no, you don't need a poll on it, but it's no more valid a statement than what blacbird said.

Which makes the entire post moot, no? I mean, now we're into the semantic quibbling game.

A. Yes. Sorry.
B. Blacbird said "the polls say." I did not. If you say "the polls say" you better have a poll to present.
Yes, it's an opinion based on common sense. Similiar to the galvanizing gay marriage issue of 2004, I simply said "if anything, more conservatives...." Do we really need to have a poll to back up an opinion for every post and/or say "this is my opinion?" OF COURSE it's my opinion. Almost every post we make is our opinion. For the love of god....
C. No, it isn't moot. My contention is that...refer to line "B. gay marriage."

I stand by my contention based on Dr. Phil's "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior."

Last edited:

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it's an opinion based on common sense. Similiar to the galvanizing gay marriage issue of 2004, I simply said "if anything, more conservatives...." Do we really need to have a poll to back up an opinion for every post and/or say "this is my opinion?" OF COURSE it's my opinion. Almost every post we make is our opinion. For the love of god....

No, you don't need to, clearly. But the gay marriage issue was a pretty common-sense one. This is more of a leap of logic that you're making. "People are talking about Michael J. Fox so people will vote for this to defend Rush Limbaugh's honor," or something like that. It's too many hoops, thrills, which is why there's nothing wrong with anyone trying to pin you down on this. "I'm voting against gay marriage" is an easy equation. This is not.

Past behavior may be accurate in some cases, but what's the comparison here? "People talk about something so more people think about it." But that's about as rudimentary and as generalized a statement a person could make, no?

Reaction score
An election is nothing more than a sales pitch.

The more advertising, the more press....the more votes.

More people aren't going to vote to defend Rush Limbaugh's honor.

:eye roll emoticon with a disappointed gaze at Gaffer similar to a parent's disappointed gaze emoticon:

They are going to vote because they've been awoken out of their slumber. And people are going "wait, this will allow cloning? What? Huh? I better vote."

Now, I don't know if that's true or not. But that's the sales pitch and simply on election day, IMOOOOOO ....if there were going to be 1000 conservatives voting, there will be at least 1001.

All polls do show that democrats are much more enthusiastic for this election and more likely to vote and although it doesn't compare to the huge anti-gay marriage turnout that seemed to come out in 2004, ......

"The best predictor of future behevior is past behavior."

The democrats may have awoken a sleeping giant in Missouri.

Maybe not.

Thank you.

Gotta go.

Good day.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
I'll summarize your position.

Things could happen. If people talk about something they want to do things about it. One is more than zero.

Ok, good. Gotta go.

Thank you.

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
I'll summarize your position.

Things could happen. If people talk about something they want to do things about it. One is more than zero.

Ok, good. Gotta go.

Thank you.

It's amazing how rabidly power hungry blood thirsty democrats can take a throwaway common sense line such as "if anything, more conservatives will end up going to the polls" and turn it into a federal case.

Sleep well.

All you did today was ruin a thread.

Thank you.
:)

Last edited:

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
It's not a federal case, billy. It's a thread. You posted. I responded. As did others. Excuse us for wanting to try to get more clarity on an assertion you're making. It's what we do around here, no?

Reaction score
blacbird said:
You gotta show me.

caw.

You want me to show you something that I said "may" have happened?

Like what? Like Bush now coming to rally the conservative troops because of this issue?

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/politics/elections/15893522.htm

President Bush will travel to Missouri on Friday to campaign for Republican Sen. Jim Talent, the first time the two will appear together at a public campaign event in the state this year.

The White House confirmed the trip Tuesday, though details about where Bush would visit were not immediately available. Talent told reporters in Joplin, Mo., that tickets for an event in Springfield were already being distributed.

"Sen. Talent has a strong record of fighting for lower taxes, and the president wants to do everything he can to help him win re-election this fall," Conant said.

Bush's trip is part of a weeklong tour geared to help Republicans motivate conservative voters just four days before the Nov. 7 election.

or Frist coming to help out as well...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/politics/elections/15888398.htm

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist joined the re-election campaign for Republican Sen. Jim Talent on Tuesday as Talent toured southwest Missouri a week before the general election.Talent, meanwhile, hammered in the same point he has made to other GOP rallies around the state, that party volunteers must work hard to get out the vote in the final stretch.

"If we go out and execute the plan, if we get our friends and neighbors to vote, we are going to win," Talent said.

The Republican election machine is in full swing now in Missouri.

"The Monster is loose."
Meatloaf
10/31/06
Bat out of Hell III

Is that what you meant, blac?

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
It's not a federal case, billy. It's a thread. You posted. I responded. As did others. Excuse us for wanting to try to get more clarity on an assertion you're making. It's what we do around here, no?

Did you also lose your sense of humor and sarcasm the way the Mets lost Game 7?

Thank you.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
dclary said:
People who don't live in big cities where tap water is sh*t.

I live in the country - on five acres - in Mississippi.

We drink bottled water. To us, tap water isn't a beverage.

But the reason we feel this way is that we are from Vegas, where the tap water has visible products floating in it.

And now we can't get used to opening the tap and drinking it.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Did you also lose your sense of humor and sarcasm the way the Mets lost Game 7?
Sorry, I didn't realize there was a limit to the number of posts we could have on a subject, Colonel.

Meanwhile, your article doesn't prove your case at all -- it mentions nothing about stem-cells at all in that piece, just that Bush is coming to Missouri. (And Bill Frist, who I'm sure will really get the faithful out to be put into a stupor by his droning inanities.)

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Bringing this thread back to the subject of stem cell research :

If it was advertised that stem cell research might find a cure for cancer, I think it would pass in an instant. Why? Because everyone knows someone who has had or has cancer.

Not everyone knows someone with Parkinson's disease, or Alzheimers, and many people think that alzheimers only affects the elderly, but it does affect younger people, just not as often.

For heaven's sake, Nancy Reagan wanted to keep Ronald alive for another century, and told W to allow stem cell research.

If the cause hits home, everyone goes for it.

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
Meanwhile, your article doesn't prove your case at all -- it mentions nothing about stem-cells at all in that piece, just that Bush is coming to Missouri.

It's amazing how won't even stipulate the most common sense of opinions.

But that's you.

It's a shame. Oh well. Stick to the nonsensical position. It makes your attempts at sensical positions less powerful, which helps my Republican agenda in the long run.

If it helps you sleep at night to believe that this issue and all it's press won't bring out more conservatives next Tuesday, be my guest.

At the end of the day, you're just helping me get to 1600.

So, I thank you.
:)

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
A point to be made, which seems lost in the thread, or perhaps never mentioned: What's at issue here is Federal funding for embryonic stem-cell research. Private entities can do all the embryonic stem-cell research they want, and I understand some of that is going on. Also, California has a proposal to fund such research with state money.

But no other nation on the planet has such trouble with this issue as we do. One of the leading countries doing embryonic stem-cell research is Israel. Even very conservative Rabbis, who are utterly opposed to abortion, have signed off on the idea with no philosophical or moral difficulties. And the way the U.S. Federal restrictions read, in many circumstances they mandate cutting off of huge amounts of funding for other research if any embryonic stem-cell research is done. This is a killer for most University researchers.

caw

Reaction score
eldragon said:
If it was advertised that stem cell research might find a cure for cancer, I think it would pass in an instant. Why? Because everyone knows someone who has had or has cancer.

I think after 30 years of the Jerry Lewis telethons, colds and flus, 25 years of AIDS and a multitude of other nover solved medical conditions, people have no confidence.

I have virtually zero.

Chris Rock does a funny, but sad bit about the whole thing.

And of course, they come up with stuff now and again and etc....

But they just haven't cured anything BIG since Polio.

I have very little confidence in our medical scientists. They can't cure the COLD for gods sakes. Hmmmmf.

That doesn't mean that I don't believe that ONE DAY all of this will be cured, but when? 20 years? 2000?

I been giving money to Jerry's Kids for what seems like forever.

And still nothing.

I'm sorry if my confidence is low.

But, I still support stem cell research.

I just am not enthusiastic about it. And I suspect that's a problem with voters as well.

Thank you.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
eldragon said:
I live in the country - on five acres - in Mississippi.

We drink bottled water. To us, tap water isn't a beverage.

But the reason we feel this way is that we are from Vegas, where the tap water has visible products floating in it.

And now we can't get used to opening the tap and drinking it.

I drink straight from a garden hose.

Think on that and be dismayed.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
It's amazing how won't even stipulate the most common sense of opinions.

Argh!!! You're crackers, man. Your article does not prove your point. That's all I'm asserting. Good grief, Billy. This issue may indeed bring out more conservatives. It also may bring out more liberals. As you said. Which makes what you said a net push, a negative, nothing, because it generalizes all the way down to, as I said, "People talk about things, and things happen." That's profound! Profound, Billy! Buy a pack of gum I'll show you how to chew it, man. It's not in the nature of simply disagreeing here; you said something. Others asked for clarification. You responded that clarification is moot because of your divine Thrilliness. I should have known not to question it. But I did. And now I pay a price for questioning it because I am a weak, humble man, who only knows about facts, or only wants them, as Lt. Friday would have requested. So I give this to you, my dear sir, lord of all the fishes, the last king of Scotland, for your brilliance.

So yes. Things happen. And people will vote. Because voting happens when there are voters.

Thank you.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
robeiae said:
Is that before or after you use it for your bath? :D

Generally speaking, I don't drink from the bathtub, but only because my bubble-bath is human powered, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.