Chicago Western Suburbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here! I saw a post for Chicago further down, but a lot of the responses were old, so thought I would repost, and narrow it down to the burbs.

So, if there are any writers out there interested in meeting and networking, please respond below and I'll try to set something up :)

PS - bonus points if you are YA or MG since it's what I'm working on ;)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Oak Lawn-- a Southwest suburb just outside of Chicago. And I am a YA writer too. What did you have in mind?

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
There is a writer's group in Schaumburg. We meet at the Schaumburg Public Library from 10AM-2PM every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. You're certainly welcome to show up. And if you're interested in something less like a critiquing group, maybe we can set something up afterward. The information is in the Schaumburg Public Library's Event Calendar.

The group's calling itself the Schaumburg Scribes, and here's the site for the group.

Hope to see you there.

summerb

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little further West, in Wheaton, but not too far.

Not quite sure what I'm looking for, just literally don't know anyone else who writes. So as much as I love getting good feedback from my friends, my mom, my cat... I was thinking it would be nice to have a group of writers who can share ideas, critiques, even just hanging out and talking about books we've read recently...

summerb

Registered
Reaction score
There is a writer's group in Schaumburg. We meet at the Schaumburg Public Library from 10AM-2PM every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. You're certainly welcome to show up. And if you're interested in something less like a critiquing group, maybe we can set something up afterward.

Thanks for the info! That sounds awesome! I usually have a pretty inflexible work schedule on Saturdays, but maybe I could make it once or twice just to check it out.

summerb

Registered
Reaction score

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I started my group just after moving here. Meetup is a tad pricey but you could use it just to get started and to meet some peeps. I know at least one of our members would prefer an evening time and might defect if you started one :)

summerb

Registered
Reaction score
Not to derail, but do we have a Chicago (in-city) critique group going, perchance?

check meetup.com, there is one that meets twice a month.

I also found a group on meetup in Naperville, which is very close to me, so I'm going to try it out, hopefully everything works out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.