• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Vicky Bijur Literary Agency

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I searched and there is no thread on her or her agency. Anyone work with her or have an idea about response times? Thanks

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
From Publishers Marketplace

"
Vicky Bijur started her agency in 1988 after working at Oxford University Press and with the Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency. She represents fiction and non-fiction. Books she represents have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller List, in the New York Times Notable Books of the Year, Los Angeles Times Best Fiction of the Year, Washington Post Book World Rave Reviews of the Year, won the Quill Award for Mystery, and been nominated for the L.A. Times Book Award as well as the National Book Critics Circle Award. Three of her mystery writers have won Edgar awards.
Vicky has served as president of the AAR (Association of Authors� Representatives), the only organization of literary and dramatic agents in North America. She is currently Chair of its Ethics Committee."

Yea, I think she's ligit.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I sent an equery through her assistant too, but I have not heard back.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
equeried 3/18
partial request from assistant on 4/4

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you Tom. I still haven't heard anything. But good luck with her. I am jealous.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Tom - I sent you a PM. Just had a quick question for you. Thanks.

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
Can I please have a little luck, now, Universe? Thanks.

Just got a 'next two chapters please' request from assistant. Took about 28 days from e-query. I will now ignore the hour and drink a toast. This is the best part of partial requests: the few hours after you send it in which you actually indulge a bit of fantasy that this is the one. And of course, fantasy requires toasting. This is obvious.

DeeSoul

Caffeine Diem
Registered
Reaction score
This is the best part of partial requests: the few hours after you send it in which you actually indulge a bit of fantasy that this is the one. And of course, fantasy requires toasting. This is obvious.

LOL -- you are so right about those few hours after you send the requested material. What a blissful moment.

And since you're so right about THAT, I *have* to assume you're right about fantasy and toasting going together. :)

Congrats on the partial request.

Blueridge

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a 'next two chapters please' request from assistant. Took about 28 days from e-query. I will now ignore the hour and drink a toast. This is the best part of partial requests: the few hours after you send it in which you actually indulge a bit of fantasy that this is the one. And of course, fantasy requires toasting. This is obvious.

Good luck, Adam! I just read the synopsis of your novel on your web site, and it sounds terrific.

I also just received the "please send first two chapters" e-mail from Ms. Dunnington, and will be doing small happy-dances this afternoon. It's a grey, rainy day here so I think I'll make a nice cup of hot tea to toast the mini-success, which is certainly what these requests feel like.

Last edited:

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Blueridge and Adam ~
Anything new on your partials?
I just sent an e-query with first chapter and novel synopsis to Vicky. I listened to her 2.11.2009 interview with Barbara DeMarco-Barrett, and I found her to be so inviting and professional, that I had to query her at once.
Hope Springs Eternal ~ hawk

Datahog

Registered
Reaction score
Vicky Bijur Agency

Anyone had any experiences with this agency?

Got a one-chapter partial request today. Talk about conservative!

Datahog

Registered
Reaction score
Crap, just saw the Bijur thread down below. Thought the alphabetizing was based on last name for some reason.

Can I remove the thread somehow if I've started it?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Crap, just saw the Bijur thread down below. Thought the alphabetizing was based on last name for some reason.

Can I remove the thread somehow if I've started it?
No prob, merged 'n' mashed.

Lucy Dashwood

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little confused with the mashing of the dup posts. Datahog, when did you query Vicky Bijur and how long was it before you got the request? I queried a few days ago and I'm curious about their time frame for response.

Datahog

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little confused with the mashing of the dup posts. Datahog, when did you query Vicky Bijur and how long was it before you got the request? I queried a few days ago and I'm curious about their time frame for response.

Got a response from an e-query one day later asking for the one chapter.

Got two full ms requests today so may not end up being able to consider this agency now.

Lucy Dashwood

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. I based my query on her listing at Publishers Marketplace. I pasted the first chapter into the email so that's where we differed. Maybe by the time I hear from them the manuscript will be finished. 2 chapters to go.

Good luck, Datahog.

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
Got my VERY nice email reject from Ms. D in 10 days. SIGH!
Keep on Keepin' On ~ hawk

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Seven for me:
• Emailed query plus first chapter on 11-23-09.
• Rec’d rejection from Vicky’s assistant, Claire Dunnington, on 11-30-09.

They must be cleaning their inboxes before Santa comes. ;)