XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
sat up to 2 in the morning finishing The Lost Fleet series by Jack Campbell.

Now I'm going to bed. Night, all.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
yes, and magic glasses that refill!

belly up to the bar... err.. uh, you can just clamber up on the bar and help yourself. We have a map in some of the cantina-ites signatures... try the previous page. Don't go out in the dong garden in the dark tho!!!!

I edited about 10k on Dreadlight ya'll and I'm spent. Someone make up a bunk for the newb.

*shuffles off....*

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh, good idea. And thanks. When it's time for me to go, I want to go in style.

Welcomes. :D

I want a TARDIS.

This. Times a million. Also, reading TARDIS made me remember I had a dream about travelling with the Doctor last night. I don't remember what the dream was, but I remember waking up to a 4 kilo cat jumping on my stomach and thinking, "That was cool. I must remember that!"

...and I keep finding where I was at a loss for words. Sentences begin

"He rolled over at finding his arm trapped, so that was something something...."

and now I am forced to put into words what I couldn't the first time around.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that! I have serious noun trouble, sometimes, and just canNOT remember the words for some things.

I heard there was booze here?

howdy, Cleveland! I haven't seen a lot of booze, but we definitely have a bar with an iWench and magic, self-refilling glasses. Also, you do have to be careful of the smibbles! They taste nice, but hoo, boy....

Here's a map so you know where to tread carefully.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina. How is everyone?

I'm at the beginning of a week's leave, and I'm off to my parents' this afternoon as Mum hits the big seven-oh tomorrow. Then it'll be a week of clearing the reviewing decks, beginning to kick a certain novel into shape, catching up on some movies I've not seen yet, plus some social activities!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would guess our dear lady 10 is as high as a kite from the pain meds, but that's just me.

:D Alas, we don't get the good kind of painkillers here. Just ibuprofen.

And 10 is looking through her ceiling to her bedroom. But the first post had me wondering if TJs theory was rather true ;)

Fen, you get me. And then you betray me :e2cry:

OTOH, you could go out and pick some randomly skeezy looking guy and follow along just behind him, obedient-wife fashion, and see what happens.

Sorry about the face-ouch. I hope they at least gave you good drugs?

Also, you're eeeevil. But I like that idea :ROFL:

Hey! :rant:I haven't authorized a biography!

:ROFL:

I heard there was booze here?

Hellooooooooooooo Cleveland!

"Uh... that's Springfield, Steven."

*goes to hide in shame now*

Good morning Cantina. How is everyone?

I'm at the beginning of a week's leave, and I'm off to my parents' this afternoon as Mum hits the big seven-oh tomorrow. Then it'll be a week of clearing the reviewing decks, beginning to kick a certain novel into shape, catching up on some movies I've not seen yet, plus some social activities!

Morning, Eye. Congrats on your mother. Mine hits the big six-three tomorrow. We're mom-b-day-buddies! :hooray:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone want a 7-month-old kitten? Loves to wake his owner up at 4 am on Saturdays.

Call me at (555) EFF-UCAT.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks. I'll take a shot of white tea.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm, tea.

I've skipped the tea part of my day the last two days, but today it may be time for epic tea-age.

The weather is awesome here. At least, when you're inside. You're pretty much unable to tell THAT IT'S FREAKING MINUS 20 DEGREES CELSIUS* OUTSIDE.

When I said I wanted to move to Alaska, I meant for the hot men**. Not for the weather.

(*that's -4F for you Americans)

(**and for other awesome people who may or may not live there)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Cleveland!!!! Come on in, sit a spell!

This is for your edification and entertainment:

Gary Oldman reads Jersey Shore.

10, this is disturbing, deeply DEEPLY disturbing. Srsly. I've never actually seen Jersey Shore, but I've heard tell. And people make fun of us hillbillies for being uncouth? We don't hold a candle to these people.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I've never actually seen Jersey Shore, but I've heard tell. And people make fun of us hillbillies for being uncouth? We don't hold a candle to these people.

I've never seen Jersey Shore either, but man. Poor Gary Oldman. Not sure this tops Christopher Walken reading Lady Gaga lyrics (here) but comes pretty close.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I've never seen Jersey Shore either, but man. Poor Gary Oldman. Not sure this tops Christopher Walken reading Lady Gaga lyrics (here) but comes pretty close.

Agreed. I want to cringe when I see stuff like that. I have to keep reminding myself that actors get off on doing this stuff.

I looked up Jersey Shore on YouTube, so I could have a better idea of what we were discussing. What kept going through my mind? "Bring those self-absorbed, self-important morons down here to Hillbilly Land. That would be something I'd like to see."

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hungry here. Are biscuits and sausage gravy worth the effort of getting up out of my comfy chair and hobbling all over the kitchen for twenty minutes?

I really want 'em. Tried to persuade the male child to cook them for me. Told him it was educational. He didn't buy it.

Guess I'm going to have to go fix them for myself.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. I want to cringe when I see stuff like that. I have to keep reminding myself that actors get off on doing this stuff.

I just shudder at the thought that the rest of the world thinks this is what the typical American is like. Between reality TV and the politics we've inflicted on the rest of the world, I suspect we ain't lookin' too good.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Tried to persuade the male child to cook them for me. Told him it was educational. He didn't buy it.

Did you try the 'you could save the world' ploy?

It's snowing out, it's minus 3 or something and the ice cream van has just gone past. Sh well, I guess the guy really needs the money or a life or something. *multiplicity of somethings, sorry*

Hot chocolate anyone?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I just shudder at the thought that the rest of the world thinks this is what the typical American is like.

In my experience of playing chess over the internet for a few years I've come across quite a few Americans and the one thing they tend to have in common is their need to apologise for whomsoever is in the white house at the time. Strange but true.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
In my experience of playing chess over the internet for a few years I've come across quite a few Americans and the one thing they tend to have in common is their need to apologise for whomsoever is in the white house at the time. Strange but true.

I've never been tempted to apologize for our president. Smack him, yeah, many many MANY times. Apologize for him, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.