Grimm

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
The after effects of the solution for Juliet are a little odd, though. Am wondering how long they'll last.

Yeah, toward the end, I started FF'ing through it. I wasn't sure what I should be feeling or thinking in those sections.

I do like Renaud and Grimm working together, though. And the whole idea about this council is kind of interesting as well.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I like how they're representing Juliette's hallucinations - they're visual representations of what's happening to her mind. The lightning was her synapses sparking to return her memories and the big hole is the vacancy of those memories.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Comic book company Dynamite Entertainment is putting out a GRIMM comic starting in May. I'm not sure if it's a limited series or an ongoing. Still, anything that means more Monroe is worth a look, in my opinion.

Last edited:

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
Loving the Grimm/Renard combo. Not really interested in the royalty story arc. I prefer a monster a week.

If someone doesn't tell Juliette the truth soon, I'm going to explode. She's such a bland character. She showed some spunk that time she was held captive in the mine, and I'd like to see her actually do something useful for a change. They've really dragged out telling her what's going on, to the point where it's ridiculous. To the point where she's going crazy because her subconscious is tell her to find out the truth. As always, Monroe is my absolute favorite.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I don't think the letters are right, but the ep did keep reminding me of him. And the quote at the beginning is from the 1857 ending of the Rumpelstiltskin tale.

Last edited:

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Possible, yeah. Though Brothers Grimm published Rumple based on a German folk tale, so I don't know how much license Disney could claim. But, it saves the NBCGrimm people time and effort to just not include the name in the ep and only hint.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I had watched the first two episodes when it first came on, but it didn't hold my interest. However, on the advice of my brother, I've been watching the first season on DVD. It took a few episodes, but now I'm getting into it. Several intriguing threads; many different directions it could go in developing its mythology. I'll avoid reading spoilers, and look forward to the rest of it.

bySD

Registered
Reaction score
I don't like Juliette's story arc. I guess they're using her to fulfill the oft-used Princess in the world of faerie tales?

I like Rosalee much better. Heck, Adalind's character is more interesting. Maybe if Juliette had a different actress, but I had her pegged for dead in the first season (liked her better then too, like when she dumped hot water on that guy).

But, there's two points about the police aspect you have to think about: Nick's superior has always known who he is and what he'd up to, so he's kept the Grimm part of his job tidy and away from the notice of the law.

And about the pilot episode song: She was a jogger, and some people set their runs to a certain beat to keep their pace. I JUST considered that flaw two days, which is pretty sad, but there's a reason I don't write mysteries.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
NBC pulled a failing reality show, so, as of April 30th, Grimm moves to Tuesday at 10pm for the rest of the season.

Provided NBC doesn't change their minds again.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
They didn't even air it tonight (had coverage of the Boston deal). Boo.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I'm still catching up on the show -- just a few episodes into the second season.

But I had a fun incident. In the Halloween episode, where Monroe had an elaborate spooky setup in his front yard and on his porch -- he had a plastic skeleton wearing a helmet, with a mechanized arm for which Nick supplied a flail.

The moment I saw the helmet, I knew it was an SCA item. It looked like a Norse spangenhelm -- but with a bargrill covering the face. Not a historical replica, not a theatrical prop; a helm that belonged to some dude in the SCA.

A little research, and I found I was right; it was an old helm belonging to Sir Lorenzio in An Tir (an imaginary kingdom that includes Oregon and Washington states). He works on the show crew in some capacity. Ha!

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually okay with the move--right after the top-ratings The Voice.

Solid episode, but come freakin' on. Get your memories back, Juliet. Whoever decided to drag this out an entire season needs to be kicked in the junk.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
She's got most if not all the memories back now.

Another ep where the gang got to help a nearly extinct Wesen race.

Also got a talk between Nick and the Captain about the Key(s) and legends behind it.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I watched all of the first season and stopped watching the second because it was in a bad time slot of the week for me. But I'm so excited they changed it to Tues. nights.

So this is the last 4 ep. of season 2 right? Yeah, and I was surprised Juliet still is trying to recover.

I thought it was cool to see Nick moved in with Monroe. I know I lost a lot of episodes for the second season, but I'm hoping it will come out on DVD when it's over.