The Great Absolute Write Spec Fiction Anthology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry Celesta - I know how that feels. I really need to start my new novel but I always conveniently forget to open up a word doc until it's too late and I'm off to bed.

I should probably do that now huh? Seeing as I'm going to bed in thirty minutes...

Celesta

loves writing :)
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Phew! Just got it done. I'm exhausted.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Almost two pages complete. Not bad, right? Now it's time for some Nyquil and I can drift away into oblivion. Night all! :D

Duncable

I iz a lady, ppl. Srsly.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but it's gotten to the point now where my friends and family ask me every day, "So, any word?" I think they're thinking about it more than me, and their antsy-ness is making me antsy!

Since it's my first sub, I keep having to explain to them that the turn around on this is not the norm, and that I have to learn patience now or I'll be spoiled from that start! :D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I get asked once a week by my parents and once a week by my write-in group.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I get asked daily by my mother, and then my Aunt out of state calls once a week to see if there is any news :D

John_W

Registered
Reaction score
I've been keeping busy editing my manuscript, but every day I poke in here for possible updates and chatter. It's fun to see folks keeping social about it.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but it's gotten to the point now where my friends and family ask me every day, "So, any word?" I think they're thinking about it more than me, and their antsy-ness is making me antsy!

Yep, I get asked once a week by my parents and once a week by my write-in group.

I get asked daily by my mother, and then my Aunt out of state calls once a week to see if there is any news :D
You guys are lucky. My parents don't give a tiny rat's arse about my writing. If I do get my story in my mum will probably say "That's nice, dear" and then change the subject.

Luckily Other Half will be excited so I won't be on my own.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, sorry. But that's good that other half is excited too. You got back-up there :Hug2:

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, lots of posting in here since I went away on friday... and hurrah for still no news! :)

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I've learned not to tell many people. I get a ton of "Did you get your book published yet?" They really just don't get that, not only is is difficult and potentially unlikely, but it takes A LONG time.

Only my husband knows about the anthology so far. I'll wait til I hear good news to shout it out to people.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
I just really can't wait until I (hopefully) have the book in my hand and can run up to my old writing teacher, tell him to open to page whatever and wait as he reads the story I wrote for his class published in a real book. Yeah, really can't wait for that :D

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My betas and my daughter know about the anthology. No one else in RL gives a crap about my writing, so *shrug*. I just figure that if I ever land on a major bestseller list, they're not going to believe it's me anyway. Their problem.

That is, until the money starts rolling in. THEN, they might notice. But that would be true if I won the lotto too.

Not sure which one's the better shot, honestly. LOL!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
^love this Del.

Yes, every supposed friend I ever had would notice if I won the lotto too.

There must be something in that 'supposed' that makes it work that way ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have that many friends, but I have many relatives I don't talk to who would suddenly want to be cozy with me.

Back in the 70s, my mom won $10K in Vegas. I've seen the leeches come out of the cracks already. Wouldn't be any different if it happened to me. Except for the fact that I honestly don't know most of them and don't give a crap if we share DNA. *shrug*

But having the money is a nice daydream.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I don't tell people IRL and use a pen name, mostly because I don't need the snark from the relatives and frenemies. I'll let anybody nice read any of my stuff if they express interest, though.

My dad is a very important beta for me, so he knows. I keep saying that I haven't heard from Mac, and he keeps teasing me about checking my email for something not to be there :) He knows how subs go, though, so it's not exciting until you hear Yes :D :D No's aren't depressing any more. They are completely normal, individually, imho.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Here's to another hopeful Monday :D

*To empty inboxes all around ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping the opposite--everyone's inboxes get something, which means the ToC is finalized and the anthology is making progress to being in my hands. ;)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
My brother is my biggest fan, he reads every chapter of my WIP as I write it. He's a big reader, he's read more books than anyone I've ever seen, and my collection isn't small. He's waiting as anxiously as I am for word on the anthology. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.