Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I'm great!

There's this boat racing festival that I wanted to go to today but it's soooo hot outside. So right now I'm holed up in my room with the air conditioner on, hoping to get some writing done. I want to finish my novel this week, so I have a lot of work to do.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
That's too bad, Lisa. Mine will probably go for repairs when I'm in North America.

I'm procrastinating terribly.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a fantasy adventure/castle based RPG to play online...

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Do you play those a lot?

A relatively simple, free one is RuneScape, if it's still running. If you're downloading, I love love love Ragnarok Online.

But you have a PC, so I don't know everything available to you. MapleStory, maybe?

But you do have Google, so you can look one up.

Why online, by the way? You want multiplayer?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, anything would be fun. :)

I want to play Fur Fighters... Debating whether I should order it or not.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Fur Fighters? Ick... not my scene.

My favorite game in the whole universe is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for Wii. All Fire Emblem games are good, but that one has the best storyline ever.

Do you have any game consoles or handhelds? I mostly play DS and Wii (there are a number of PS2 games I like, but I play them at my friend's house.)

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Do you play those a lot?

A relatively simple, free one is RuneScape, if it's still running. If you're downloading, I love love love Ragnarok Online.

But you have a PC, so I don't know everything available to you. MapleStory, maybe?

But you do have Google, so you can look one up.

Why online, by the way? You want multiplayer?

Runescape! I haven't played that in ages. I gave it up for a couple years and then I quit after a day when I came back to it because it had changed so much that I didn't know how to do anything.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
3DS.

I need to finish Mario Lands 3D and Harry Potter Lego - Ys 1 - 4. I also have the latter on my iPod.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
3DS plays DS games, right? Get Rune Factory (preferably the first game, because it is my favourite ever, but the third game is great too. The second game is actually really good too, but nowhere near as good as the first. There's a fourth coming out and two Wii games). You would LOVE Rune Factory, I think.

Wikipedia said:
Basically, the game takes place exclusively in Kardia, a small city on the eastern tip of the Adonia continent which is surrounded by farmland. The game opens with the protagonist, Ragna, wandering into town. Starved and dehydrated, he collapses in front of the house of a landowner named Mist. Ragna suffers from amnesia, and has no idea who he is or where he came from. Mist discovers him outside her home, fetches him food and water, and because he doesn't know his name, they both decide to name him "Raguna" (changeable). Afterwards, Mist offers Raguna a house on her land if he promises to work the farm. Raguna accepts, and this is where the game begins.

From then on, the game is very open-ended. The player can work on the farm, fish, or explore the caves in the wilderness around Kardia. The player can propose to some of the eligible girls in town, capture monsters, and expand the player's house. In short, the player is free to do what he desires, but the storyline will not progress if new caves aren't opened up and cleared by beating the boss at the end. As the player fights their way through the caves, he slowly unfolds the mystery of the monsters attacking the village, and also begins to try and regain his memories of who he is and where he came from.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT.

There needs to be more open ended games.

I might get a Zelda game for when I go on holiday.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Rune Factory is Legend of Zelda meets Harvest Moon.

So basically, it has the dungeons and monsters and plot of Zelda, but there is more to the game. You own a farm, you cultivate plants and relationships with the townspeople (and you can marry one of 12 eligible girls), you make money, you learn to forge weapons and fish and mine, you can adopt pet monsters... it's just so much fun.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
That is the first one.

Harvest Moon... doesn't have fantasy fighting stuff, generally. My favorite DS Harvest Moon is probably... Island of Happiness.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. IT'S PICKING WHICH GAME.

I just wish I could get Fur Fighters for the DS.

ETA: Added Sunshine Island to the Wish List.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I hate HMDS and HMDS Cute. I love Island Of Happiness, and so far enjoy Sunshine Islands and Twin Towns. Don't have Grand Bazaar yet.

But seriously, Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (aka the first) is my top recommendation for you.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think while my laptop is away, I might just leave the writing for a few days and play games and watch DVDs...

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
A girl on my bus to youth camp is reading A Clash of the Kings or whatever in Game of Thrones... Or is that the first book? I'm sorry, I haven't started it yet... I have it bought, but I have other books I didn't finish. I just finished The False Prince ( soooo good) and I need to finish up Miss Peregrines.

Anyways, I'll try to be on a bit this week.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
A CLASH OF KINGS is the sequel to A GAME OF THRONES, yeah.