Ever have a "crush" on a fictional character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
Dr. Who, specifically played by David Tennant.

And Howl, from Howl's Moving Castle movie.

*swoon*

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Available on consoles too! :D It rocks, particularly if you have a fondness for traditional epic fantasy.

I dont have consoles. Not a fan personally.

Yes, when pay day comes around I'm going to go into the gaming store and pick his brains.

I really like traditional fantasy in games, not so much in what I read and write.

AKyber36

Registered
Reaction score
Since Final Fantasy's been mentioned, I did crush on two characters: Vincent Valentine (FFVII) and Edgar roni Figaro (FFVI). Vincent because he was brooding, tall, dark, and handsome (and that red and black dress scheme is hot). Edgar, though, is still my favorite FF crush - a ladies' man, a king, a loyal brother, a loyal friend, handsome, and he has the best set of unique capabilities (yay for Tools!) in the game next to his brother (yay Sabin!).

As for other video games, Dante from Devil May Cry (the first four, not the new one) and Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story (he's so attractive in that medieval black-ops way).

As for books, I did crush hard on Joscelin Verreuil from Kushiel's Dart (oh hotdiggitydamn, boy!), Saetan from The Black Jewels Trilogy (because a suave sexy powerful father is awesome), Legolas from The Lord of the Rings (my first book crush, actually - way before the movies), and surprisingly enough, Brandin from Tigana (Dianora's P.O.V. is just that powerful despite who is he and what he did).

If it's manga, I crushed hard on all of Tsutomu Nihei's male MCs (Killy from BLAME! and Zouichi Kanoe from Biomega are my two favorites). I also liked Neji from Naruto after he did his heel-face-turn after Naruto showed him the error of his ways. Anotsu Kagehisa from Blade of the Immortal. Himura Kenshin from the RK OVA "Trust & Betrayal" and the recent live-action movie. Roger Smith from Big O, and Ichise from Texhnolyze (you dark depressing beautiful series, you!).

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
ah, Vincent Valentine. Beloved during my teen goth days. Although honestly, I think Reno was always my favourite, particularly when he was properly animated in Advent Children.

And Fenris...he's voiced by the same actor who does Balthier in FFXII, and since Balthier's pretty much my #1 videogame crush, I was sold as soon as I heard him speak :D
Good call on Nick Andros, Garrus and Cuthbert (Dark Tower) - although as for Mulder, I always preferred Scully and Krycek - sorry, my interwebs won't let me go past this page to find out who mentioned them!

We are a forum of saddos, aren't we? :D

sennydreadful

X-Box Fancier
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sennydreadful.com
Edit: sennydreadful - yup. :) And my user title (under my name just to the left of this post) should be pronounced as Bann Teagan says it. :D I could talk your ear off about DA: Origins, if you give me the chance. :D And now I'm going to go and play the game! :)

Aw, I liked Bann Teagan - particularly as he gets all embarrassed if you flirt with him. Is there a Gaming Section somewhere? We should totally have a Dragon Age thread (if there isn't one already) so we can speculate about the third game, if nothing else.

sennydreadful

X-Box Fancier
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sennydreadful.com
ah, Vincent Valentine. Beloved during my teen goth days. Although honestly, I think Reno was always my favourite, particularly when he was properly animated in Advent Children.

And Fenris...he's voiced by the same actor who does Balthier in FFXII, and since Balthier's pretty much my #1 videogame crush, I was sold as soon as I heard him speak :D
Good call on Nick Andros, Garrus and Cuthbert (Dark Tower) - although as for Mulder, I always preferred Scully and Krycek - sorry, my interwebs won't let me go past this page to find out who mentioned them!

That was meeeeeee. I may have to play FFXII now. Is it weird to play games because you find the voice actor's voice hot? :s

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score

154456_509097449112475_1229763759_n_zpsed7a1836.jpg

single-talen-in-love-with-a-fictional-character_design_zps4d2d4240.png

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story (he's so attractive in that medieval black-ops way).

HOW could I have forgotten my first video character crush? How?

I crushed hard on all of Tsutomu Nihei's male MCs (Killy from BLAME! and Zouichi Kanoe from Biomega are my two favorites). I also liked Neji from Naruto after he did his heel-face-turn after Naruto showed him the error of his ways. Anotsu Kagehisa from Blade of the Immortal. Himura Kenshin from the RK OVA "Trust & Betrayal" and the recent live-action movie. Roger Smith from Big O, and Ichise from Texhnolyze (you dark depressing beautiful series, you!).

:Jaw: Are you my soul twin?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I'm now getting a powerful urge to go play Dragon Age. I have already wasted so many writing hours playing...

But dammit, I want to finish the game marrying Alistair...

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a new one.

Dexter. From the Showtime series (though I read the books too and loved him there, even though they are entirely different).

I don't know what it is about him, but I'm so in love.

And I have a little crush on Iron Man as played by Robert Downy Jr. Something about his sarcasm and attitude...and he's kinda hot.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
And I have a little crush on Iron Man as played by Robert Downy Jr. Something about his sarcasm and attitude...and he's kinda hot.

YES!
My 4yo thinks he's the bomb too, but for a whole different reason.

I love his attitude. Most other superheros want to hide their identitiy, Stark is all 'Look at how awesome I am, I'm Ironman!'

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
YES!
My 4yo thinks he's the bomb too, but for a whole different reason.

I love his attitude. Most other superheros want to hide their identitiy, Stark is all 'Look at how awesome I am, I'm Ironman!'

Yup! My husband love superhero movies, and I don't ruin it by telling him why I like those so much...LOL Especially when Ironman's a key player. ;)

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Yup! My husband love superhero movies, and I don't ruin it by telling him why I like those so much...LOL Especially when Ironman's a key player. ;)

I'm a big fan of superhero movies. Kind of lucky I had boys I guess :)
For christmas I got my boys HEAPS of action figures (specifically The Avengers), I think I have more fun with them than the boys do.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of superhero movies. Kind of lucky I had boys I guess :)
For christmas I got my boys HEAPS of action figures (specifically The Avengers), I think I have more fun with them than the boys do.

We have an 8-year old girl, and she loves them too. She's a huge tom boy - who loves dresses. :)

AKyber36

Registered
Reaction score
:Jaw: Are you my soul twin?

Heh, are you? :D Glad to find someone else who crushes on Nihei's guys, Ashley Riot, Anotsu Kagehisa, Kenshin, and especially Ichise. Hard to find many others who do crush on Ichise - I felt sorry for him in the first three episodes, and then I thought he was attractive in that lost feral way. When he began to subtly undergo character development, I fell even harder for him. That, and he has really striking blue eyes. I cried at the ending, I'll tell you. Poor poor Ichise - you didn't deserve it but at least you had it the kindest in a way.

Oh, and I forgot one character from a video game that I shouldn't have left out: Kyle Hyde from the DS games, Hotel Dusk and Last Window: Secret of Cape West. Ex-cop finding secrets in a noir setting? Handsome, gruff, big man with a teddy bear heart? A man who likes dressing in a suit when he's at home? Yes yes yes, please!

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Harry Dresden. Can't believe no one's mentioned him yet. Brave, reckless, charming, great with the one-liners...and that irrepressible urge to rescue any damsel in distress. Even if she's perfectly capable of rescuing herself.

Video games, yes, I also fancy Alistair from Dragon Age.

And Leon from Resident Evil 4. Hubba hubba...

He is impossible to resist! I've played that game gawd knows how many times now and I always end up romancing Alastair. >_<

sennydreadful - I've only played it all the way through once, and I was hoping to marry him but he dumped me when he became King - gutting!

Not sure what I did wrong there so I need to play it through again to get a more pleasing outcome!

That happened to me on my first playthrough! I sulked for about a week... Basically, you can only marry him if you don't make him king, or if you are a highborn human. OR, if you make a decision earlier in the game that forces Alastair to be a bit more cynical, you can convince him to marry Anora and keep you on as a mistress.

As you might have guessed, I have played this game too much. 0_0

Gosh, I always crush on fictional characters. What's the point otherwise? You have to relate. This also goes for game characters. I have to agree with Alastair in Dragon Age too!
When I write, I feel like I have to have strong feelings for my characters. Usually this means crushing on my main male lead and putting a little of myself in the female leads.
That's what I love about writing... being able to live all these lives and have all these different and remarkable relationships.

Dragon Age: Origins is my favourite game. I've spent around a couple of thousand hours on it, at least. I always choose Alistair, too. :) My profile pic is my City Elf rogue.

You can't marry him unless he's king, and you're playing as the Human Noble female. Other origins can either be his mistress or simply continue being his love interest. It's one of my gripes about the game -- Alistair explains that he can't marry your character because as king he's required to produce an heir, and it's next to impossible for one Grey Warden to have a child, let alone two of them together. However, this explanation is completely ignored if you're the Human Noble - then, it's all, "Yay, married, and isn't it great we already got a head start on the baby making!" Boo!

I always choose to make Anora queen on her own, and go off to continue being a Grey Warden with an unhardened Alistair.

Every time I start a new game I am RESOLVED to romance another character.

...end up losing my nerve and romancing Alistair EVERY TIME. I just can't help it. *squishes him*

Hussies. Just shameless hussies pushing up on MY man.

I played this game with my friend and I was quite taken by Alistair.

Jon Snow. He was just so emo,angsty and just GAH!

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
You are most definitely not alone, I mean a good many OC/Self Insert fanfic is written for this very reason. There are some stories I swear where the author fell in love with a secondary character and brought them to the forefront for that reason.

However...for my very very very first crush has to be...The Goblin King from Labyrinth I mean...DAVID BOWIE GUYS COME ON. I always say he broke my figurative virginity and made me feel things I didn't even understand. :evil

ebbrown

Easily Amused
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ebbrown.net
I have a new one.

Dexter. From the Showtime series (though I read the books too and loved him there, even though they are entirely different).

I don't know what it is about him, but I'm so in love.

Oh, yeah! Iron Man is smokin' hot! :LilLove:

ebbrown

Easily Amused
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ebbrown.net
Jamie from the Outlander series is my biggest crush. It will be weird to see the TV series and who they put to portray him. It will probably ruin my whole fantasy, TV/Movies tend to do that to book characters.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got impatient and skipped to the end :D, but yeah, I've had crushes, a few of which have been mentioned already, I see. Harry Dresden, the Doctor, Sherlock Holmes as played by Benedict Cumberbatch (and not just because I've got a tiny crush on Benedict, heheh) and the first literary love I can remember - Nick Andros, from The Stand. I have no idea why I crush on him so hard, but wow. I was heartbroken when King killed him off. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.