• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Asabi Publishing

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I found this particular publishing group while browsing around for erotic publishers. I looked through here but haven't found a thread yet.

Has anyone published through them? Or are about to?

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
Website here - http://www.asabipublishing.com

It's an odd website. The home page talks about what they publish and what they're looking for--very author-oriented rather than reader-oriented. Their submissions page states that they accept agented work only and you have to email them for their submission guidelines. Their "About Us" page which is found by clicking on the "Read More" on the home page, no direct link, is here - http://www.asabipublishing.com/about-us lists the books/CDs they have in print, but only the erotica line and the CDs have authors listed, the others are titles only.

Although they list B&N on their distributers page, I was only able to find one title listed at B&N (A Peek Inside the Goo) and that was order only, no copies available in-store.

ETA: Ninja'd by James! :)

Last edited:

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
The domain is registered through a third-party, privacy protection company (which is rarely a bad idea), a search on the company name turns up an address in Schenectady. A NY business search shows an Asabi Publishing being incorporated in 2000 in Brooklyn, but that company dissolved in 2004. They may well have incorporated elsewhere for various reasons. NY does not list officers names in their online records, so again, no name.

The Schenectady address appears to be a private residence on Google Maps street-view. The mauve-ish flag (less bad than a red flag) was this - http://www.startups.co/users/tressa-sanders an advertisement for Asabi Publishers "book coaches". A "book coach" will help an author with book titles, cover design, etc. Isn't that what a publisher normally does? That may be an old, out-dated ad, thus the less than red-flag-status. The Tressa Sanders listed in that ad turns up on LinkedIn as being the founder of Asabi Publishing. Aside from her starting Asabi Publishing and having authored the introduction for A Peek Inside the Goo, it looks like most of her work is IT related. I'm not seeing any other publishing experience.

ETA: Ms. Sanders lists her current job title as "Application Developer" on her LinkedIn page. She also lists her location as Florida. One of her other businesses, Three West Creative Development, is registered with the state of Florida. I was unable to find Asabi Publishing registered there. Again, it could be registered elsewhere.

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Anything new on this publisher? I've been going through the Writer's Market for 2016 and it says they pay up to 500 in an advance and royalties are at cover price.

I think their covers are done nicely. They also take YA too.