Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds really fun!!! I've actually always wanted to go paintballing! Although i heard it really hurts.

I've played paintball a few times. It stings a bit but it really doesn't hurt all that much. I highly recommend wearing layers. There was one guy who was just wearing a T-shirt that ended up with some pretty nasty welts on his back.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Guess its a little like bebe guns then.

Yeah i seriously need to go soon, shooting something would totally help me out right now.

Good news is, LotF, plot just got sooooooo much more freaking awesome and less complicated! I really should have just done this a long time ago.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Man, that sounds awesome. I'd like to shoot something. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Who wouldn't!

Although i dont know if i'll get the chance any time soon, so i found the next best stress reliever. Swings. I'm a bit of a weirdo... something about swings are just so relaxing. My mom used to think i was the strangest kid because ever since i was born she could take me to a park and i would swing on a swing for hours silently.

Did that yesterday. At first i thought i must have looked like a nutjob, for what 21 year old sits on a swing and swings for hours, in an almost deserted playground, but i stopped caring shortly into swinging. Really sooooo freaking relaxing. If I had time i'd go today again, think it might become a ritual. And apparently which i didnt know, its actually considered exercise. So i guess i shoot two birds with one stone.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Reason 394 that I hate being hurt: Trying to walk to campus/class from my house takes about half an hour (or more depending on which day it is/where the class is), so getting a ride is ideal. The problem is that 95% of the people I know have class or work at the same time. The other five percent don't have class until at least an hour after I do, so a lot of them are just barely getting up.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Ally. Hopefully I'm not on these *insert expletive of your choice* crutches for much longer.

Swings are okay, but if I'm on them for longer than a couple of minutes I kind of start feeling sick...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I did that yesterday, although i don't have many friends, (really only two maybe three, i'm still not sure how "mutual" friends are going to be. Not sure if they have begun to take sides or something.) so i went alone. I didn't realize just how far of a walk it was to get there till i was like dying when i reached the swing, (also didnt realize how out of shape I was till then either! hehehe) but after an hour and a half of swinging, God i felt so much better. I could have stayed there all day, but after that long, its kind of painful to continue sitting there. Trying to walk back after the hour and a half of swinging, well more painful, but still very worth it.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Also came up with a SNI! I'm thinking the title would be What Nobody Knows. Not really sure what genre... i guess contep.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I love swinging. I remember once, when I tried to jump off it, I got stuck in the seat, and flailed my arms a little (which honestly, must've looked weird because my arms were close to my body - think T-rex haha) and fell on my knees onto woodchips. OUCH. I was 15 I think. Never attempted to jump off a swing since then lol.

How's it going, all?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Will and i would have jumping contests off swings. I was always at a height disadvantage though. I'm always worried I'll get hurt when i jump off, but its just so thrilling when you finally let go and jump. Another reason why i love swings.

Seriously I wish i had my own swing set, I'd probably never get off if i did. If i ever become rich, i'm seriously getting someone to build me an awesome swing set with like some sort of optional desk attachment so i could write a swing at the same time. That would just be a dream come true.

ETA: Hello Karla, how are you?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok as of right now. I'm doing much much better then I ever expected i would. But if my mom sends one more text asking "how do you feel?" or "Are you ok" today i might freak out.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, she only wants to make sure you're doing all right. She's probably just really worried. I'd be if I had a daughter who dated someone for so long and it ended so abruptly. Breakups like that are rough for most people.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thinks she worried I'll do something stupid... if you get my hint there. I did come home admitting i wanted/was going too, but that was then. I had an abrupt snapping point/realization in the mists of my hysterical sobs.

When i told my friend yesterday her mouth dropped and she was like "How are you even able to get out of bed right now?" I really didn't have an answer, guess the rage along is fueling me to keep going. She was more stunned then anyone, about how calm and sane i am right now, considering there wasn't even any hint this was coming. Guess i'm stronger then I and everyone else ever imagined i was, or with all the other losses of friends, over the years (I have a tragic history with that sort of thing.) this just became another formality.

Either which way, I'm ok, and my swing time yesterday really cleared my head. Like really really cleared my head and straightened my perspective on all the shit happening to me right now.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
That's good, Ally. I'm glad you're doing fine. (((Hugs)))

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

You know i know i bitch and complain alot about my life on here, but i just wanted to say, thank you guys for listening and the encouraging and positive words! You guys are all awesome!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahahaha!

Ok just created the new and improved Second Generation. You know I'm feeling really good about this one!

Zoey Wishnowski (Zo)
Sullivan McClennen (Sully)
Nathan Walsh (Nate)
Andrew Finnigan (Finn)
Alexa Finnigan (Lex)

Are going to be my MC's. Think this way it gives them all a more family feel, considering Sully and Zoey will be cousins, and Finn and Lex are twins.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
And not a confusingly similar name to be seen. Looks good. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
EXACTLY! And by making the 5th character a twin of Finn's this eliminates all my former problems of figuring out extra abilities (which i was really really struggling with)

ETA: Now i'm looking up hard core genetics information, to figure out how the kids will look. I figured the twins, (Lex and Finn) are going to be total opposites. Even though there monsters and can change there looks, Lex is stubborn and doesn't want to be her mothers clone like all the other children. So she chooses to look like her father, Blond hair, and green eyes, rather then Finn who has jet black hair and hazel eyes.

You know red hair is a real screwing up factor in my research. With two red heads, and one being the brother of one of the redheads, its giving me a ton of trouble figuring out the odd of the Wishnowski children ending up with red hair. Why does that have to be sooooo difficult to find agreeable research!!!!

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I might die my hair red this summer!

Weeeeeeell, Ally... AFFAIRS ARE BEAUTIFUL PLOT-DEVICES FOR RANDOM REDHEADS CROPPING UP EVERYWHERE.

lol, but these are your characters' kids, so I guess not.

ALL OF MY CHARACTERS HAVE RANDOM AFFAIRS SO THEIR KIDS ARE PRETTY.

LIKE. SERIOUSLY. I HAD TO MESS UP NIKKI'S FAMILY TREE SO MUCH TO GIVE HER RED HAIR.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I went to see The Pirates in an Adventure With Scientists today. It was so much fun, My fangirl heart went mad. :D