XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did I mention we got a new puppy this week? We got her from the pound (we only ever get pets from the pound), a 16-week Dalmatian mix. We named her Cupcake, though my mom usually calls her Damnation.

546364_459186080775191_100000514091700_1744205_190177326_n.jpg

Isn't she cute?

SUPER cute. Puppyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :heart:

I had a very good reason for saying it, but now I don't remember what it was.....

You wanted one? :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
So basically I knocked his teeth out with words. I win. :D

That is cool. I love it when people do that. The power of wordz. Go Fen. :sword

Aw, cute pup. Pass on a hug from me.

Good morning cantinas :Sun:

I think the UK summer may be over and another ice age beginning here. (There's a word missing there, I can't make it scan for the life of me)

I think I may have used the mouse too much yesterday, my wrist hurts. Less computer time today. In fact I may campaign for a day off. :mob There, surely that'll work?

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Did I mention we got a new puppy this week? We got her from the pound (we only ever get pets from the pound), a 16-week Dalmatian mix. We named her Cupcake, though my mom usually calls her Damnation.

546364_459186080775191_100000514091700_1744205_190177326_n.jpg

Isn't she cute?

Puppy! Aw, she's adorable!

My phone's finally online again, yay. Birds chirping.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
SUPER cute. Puppyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :heart:

You wanted one? :D

you cut me to the bone, 10.... with your words of exactness....

So, just one duck on the pond today. I guess the other he was bullying got tired of his harassment.

Let the lone duck be a lesson to us all.

So I'm up very early on my day off. I've been working on my query for the current edit (which needs another pass) and wouldn't you know it - I think doing the query has showed me week spots where stuff needs shoring up.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
This weekend, I get to play with the ballista again. And maybe shoot people! (I have to authorize to make sure I'm safe enough to "kill" people.) Woo!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
well, today marks 10 weeks of physical therapy for my torn shoulder, and the PT has declared that while my strength has improved a bit, my mobility and pain levels have not. So she is punting me back to my doc and an ortho for them to figure out what comes next.

ugh.

day off today, packing to do.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am contemplating the following open letter to my students:

Dear Students:

Class is not a democracy. While I am open to suggestions, at no time should this be construed as giving you permission to argue with me. If I say we're going to do something, we're going to do it. End of story.

Class is a dictatorship. It may be a benevolent dictatorship, but I am still in charge.

Sincerely,
Your Supreme Overlord, aka Professor [X]

:Lecture:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I am contemplating the following open letter to my students:

Dear Students:

Class is not a democracy. While I am open to suggestions, at no time should this be construed as giving you permission to argue with me. If I say we're going to do something, we're going to do it. End of story.

Class is a dictatorship. It may be a benevolent dictatorship, but I am still in charge.

Sincerely,
Your Supreme Overlord, aka Professor [X]

:Lecture:

Class is a dictatorship, and you're the Big Dick!

:D

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

My hip hurtz :(

Ow
:e2beat:

:Hug2:

well, today marks 10 weeks of physical therapy for my torn shoulder, and the PT has declared that while my strength has improved a bit, my mobility and pain levels have not. So she is punting me back to my doc and an ortho for them to figure out what comes next.

ugh.

day off today, packing to do.

That really sucks. :( I hope they can help.

Woot! Proposed new work schedule with boss an it was approved. I shall work four nine hour days and be off the other day.

This will give my mom a break and me some extra time at home.

Woohoo!!! That's fabulous!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Class is a dictatorship, and you're the Big Dick!

When I have to be, yes. Especially when students start trying to demand when they will take a test and when they will not.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

:whip:

ETA: Also, the sheer :censored idiocy of them all this morning is truly astounding. One of those days where I question why I like this job.

:gaah

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Friends!

This has been a long week. I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm getting my hair cut and maybe I'll wander around a book store or something. Won't be able to buy anything because I'm broke but I need some me time.

ION I have a killer headache and the only meds I have is percecet. At this point I think it's better to have a slight sleepy buzz than to be in enough pain to hurt people. If I'm lucky I can get both boys to nap for a bit so I can pass out.

So how's Friday treating yall? Anyone have fun plans for this weekend?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Also, the sheer :censored idiocy of them all this morning is truly astounding.

I have to confess, the "what the hell!?" stories from classrooms never cease to be wildly entertaining to me. For years I've begged my mom to write a book about her adventures in front of a class.

For example:

My friend Thomas was in front of his anthropology class, giving a lecture. Some girl on the front row got a cell phone call, and TOOK THE CALL! Not a text, a call. She started talking softly into her phone. Thomas started speaking louder to get over her. She started talking louder to compensate. So Thomas started speaking louder, and went and stood directly in front of her.

Her response was to hold the line and say, "Excuse me, I'm on the phone!"

No, I'm not making that up.

Thomas's response: "You may be on the phone, but not in my class. Get out."

I swear I could not make this sh** up. When he told me that, I laughed for ten minutes. I don't know that it was all that funny, but I couldn't get over the shock: the nerve of some people!

Status
Not open for further replies.