Status
Not open for further replies.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Happy birthday, EFB!!!

DONE DONE DONE! First draft of Misfortune of Song is DONE! Clocked in at 78,993 words, and DONE! I started the first draft 3/23/17. 7 weeks - not too shabby! And this is the first first draft I've done that I don't feel like I've got a 'boggy middle'. Of course, that could just be fooling myself!

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ugh. Now for the hard part. Blurb and tagline.

Critiques?

Blurb:
All Maelan wants is to do his duty to his Chief and maintain his family’s good name. His granddaughter Orlagh, however, is hell bent on ruining everything. After the Fae get involved, he is backed into a corner. In the end, he may have to choose between her happiness and her life.

Taglines:

Could you choose between life and happiness?
Maelan must make some difficult decisions to save his granddaughter’s life, but can he save her happiness as well?

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. You're right, and you're the best and once again I'm so grateful to have this place of encouragement. Writing is a lonely hobby.

DONE DONE DONE! First draft of Misfortune of Song is DONE! Clocked in at 78,993 words, and DONE! I started the first draft 3/23/17. 7 weeks - not too shabby! And this is the first first draft I've done that I don't feel like I've got a 'boggy middle'. Of course, that could just be fooling myself!

Yippeeeee!!!!! I find this so encouraging! :hooray:

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Happy Birthday, Effby!.

Happy Birthday, EFB!
Thanks!

Today, you guys. Just. To-day.... *shakes head*
:Hug2:

Happy birthday, EFB!!!

Thank you!

And also CONGRATS!

Among other lovely birthday presents, I now own and have FINALLY seen Moana. You guys, it was so sweet and pretty and wonderful! I definitely recommend giving it a watch if you haven't already!

Will Collins

Will Collins
Registered
Reaction score
My newest book is starting to take shape now. It's the first one I've written with the chapters not in chronological order. Anyone else have experience with this?

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Will, do you mean you're writing the chapters out of order, or...??? I've written out of order plenty of times.but I don't know that I can give any helpful hints for how to do that since it kinda just...happens.

Mornin Cantina. Not sure about my schedule today. I'll try to get words done and write a GR review for the book I just read too, for sure, but I think there might be errands to run later. *shrug*

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, EFB, hope you had a good one! :partyguy:

I've been to IKEA a few times. They have some cool furniture, but I don't really understand the cult following it's acquired over the years.
I'm like-minded although all our book-shelving comes from there. But the thing about ikea that will always make me smile is the ad with the cats. The making-of is fun too.
Well, it's a magical place wherein Winks got terribly lost and couldn't find her way out for a good hour.
It is meant to do that, trust me.
Okay, I just now hit me. Youngest is graduating TOMORROW! No more little boy! :cry:
They grow up so fast! :Hug2:

Man they do, I just today went to meet up with some school friends. They all have busy lives so we barely manage to meet more than once or twice a year and their kids are always so huge everytime we do meet up.
IKEA's faulty instructions are what keeps twenty-something guys indispensable. The cute girls next door always need help putting together a bookshelf or some such.
Clearly I have been building the wrong ikea things or am attuned in some crazily cosmically way to ikea's building instructions because I've never had trouble and people ask me for help building...

Or I need new neighbours...

:snoopy:

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Happy Effby day!

Woohoo, we're lamp twins!
Twinsies!

I sit square between "I just want to get this over with" and "I think I'd rather put a screwdriver through my hand than do this" regarding my bachelor's, you know? I'm not about to put anything through any limbs, but I'm not really getting anything done. Ugh, I'm getting tired of hearing me complain.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Happy birthday, EFB, hope you had a good one! :partyguy:

Happy Effby day!
Thanks! It was a very good day, indeed!

:Hug2: for Rel.

Well, I haven't gotten story words done yet, but I did download my first ever download-only video game ("Ravel" which I got for my b-day yesterday) and while that was taking it's dear sweet time to get done, I wrote a 2,589 word review of "Geekerella" the audiobook for which I finished yesterday. Spoiler alert: I loved it, thus the multitude of words! :e2thud:Now for story words, while I'm in the wording groove.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Ten pages?!!
Maaaaaybe...

ETA: You can read it HERE if your really want to, but yeah, it's long. I got rather impassioned about how it connected to my geeky-geekiness and made me cry and stuff. Also, some of the length comes from the fact that I include a section in every review for content (language, sexual content, etc) after the section about story quality and overall enjoyment, because I have a lot of young (and not so young) Christian girls following me who want to know about that stuff, and appreciate reviews that take the time to mention it.

Last edited:

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
The IKEA cat ad reminded me of their Bookbook ad.

The voice-activated password protection feature is my favorite.

Last edited:

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Not clicking on those IKEA ads...not.

*sounds of guilty tapping are heard in the background*

In other news, it's a crappy weather day outside, but I have FINALLY conquered the day-job "ohmergawd, shoot me now" overly stressed out, whacked out balance feeling hanging over my head (I think), and am having a very productive writerly kind of day. Without coffee, no less!

Winks, Day 6 and counting without frou frou coffee, soda, fast food, junk food and most overly sugary crap. Currently hepped up on grapefruit power...after using the rebent grapefruit knife that my husband kinda sorta accidentally straightened because he thought he bent it the last time he was doing the dishes...*sigh*

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Whew. Final author proofs turned in for my smutty space opera. I've seen the final version of the stunning cover. Small LGBTQ romance press seems to be living up to its mandate of going beyond erotic romance into mainstream SFF, horror, and litfic. Outside of writing, it's an emotional roller-coaster weekend.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
I SURVIVED YESTERDAY!!! :D My brother (who is nice and pleasant) came to visit and the weather was gorgeous so we all sat out in the garden for a few hours drinking cider and talking bout tings. Very nice. But I killed my social threshold of interaction to the point of totes exhaustion later. Cute nephew though. I managed zero words sadly. But i am now 2/3 done with beta project assignments and I am prepping for more!! :D

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Happy belated birthday, EFB! :partyguy:
Thanks!

@Dammy: Yay survival!

It's my parent's 39th anniversary today so now that we're out of church we're getting lunch out at Red Lobsters assuming there isn't a line out the door. Then werdz shall happen when we get home. Hopefully. I tired though. Good thing werdz only require sitting butt in chair and typing. And thinking. Thinking is helpful too.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon, Cantina!

Finished up my developmental edits on Of Flesh and Bone today and sent them back to my editor. Hopefully we'll only need the one round, but there was considerably more new content added this time than with the previous two. (Partly because this one was a little shorter than the others to begin with, so I had a little more room to comfortably develop a couple of things in this pass that would have been kind of tight if the book had been as large as the others to start out.)

Next up, iced coffee to celebrate.

Then working on the SparkleGoat cover. And a reminder to folks that if you want an ebook ARC to review on Goodreads, to let me know. I should have them ready in another week or so.

Aggy, busybusy

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, the second weekend of the Lilac festival was... better. Not great, but better. Not as much hail. Warmer. More people, more sales. Still not up to my normal average, though.

On the plus side, I had three repeat customers this weekend, and had a great Laotian dinner with two other artists. The food was fantastic!!! Beef, vermicelli, cucumber, tomato, bean sprouts, and all the cilantro in the city. Seriously, a huge pile of it. All with a sweet peanut sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.