Prayer requests.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel meaning, God is with us)."
Matthew 1:23 NLT

Merry Christmas!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your encouragement and prayers. What a gift they are to me! I appreciate you all so much.

Sam, I'm so sorry to hear about the tragedies that have affected your family this year. I am praying for you now, that you will find the strength to get through the holidays one day at a time. Grace and peace to you.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
samgail said:
For the first time, I am really struggling with the holiday season. I have had three tragedys this year and right now I want to crawl under the covers and not come out until they quit playing Felice Navidad. I have to go to work and keep from crying for 24 hours and if you would, I would like to ask you to pray for my family and myself to have the strength to make it through this difficult time. I need to be strong for my kids. Thank you
Sam

You are smart to be strong for the kids and may you be lead to the spirit of truth that will lead you to the peace of understanding.

If you can squeez it in, take a warm bath when you can be alone, before bed or something and cry it out, surrender the pain and give it away for a while. Turn the water on full blast, give it permission and let it loose. Listen to your body when it wants to cry. It works wonders. It wont mean you're weak, just nobel.

Terri

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
I know from what you have written Samgail, how great the pain you're feeling must be. The good news is that God is greater. He can handle it. Turn it over to him.
I have prayed for you and your family. I pray for His comfort and peace for you. Also, know we're here and we care. God bless.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Sam,
I'm praying for you. I know it seems like the season can drag on and I'm sorry it's been difficult for you. I know it's easier to say but "This too shall pass"

About 12 years ago I went through something extremely difficult. I thought I would die and I did -- spiritually and emotionally and almost physically. And since this happened during Christmas (and the worst of it happening New Years Day) I came to hate this time of year but had to go through it for the children's sake.

But every single New Years' Day, I'd cry. And for about four years, I'd spend New Years in bed - refusing to get up, other than to feed the children. I remember a neighbor coming over and literally dragging me out of bed. I fell on the floor and he snapped at me and told me I had to get up.
After that, I'd go about the day, but always hated it.

I honestly don't know how I survived. Last year was the first time I felt semi-human and this year I've already started feeling the panic attacks as the New Year approaches.

Please know that I understand - if not the same feelings, something similar -- and that I am praying for you. You can pray for me too. I am getting stronger every year but a lot of the (emotional) pain refuses to leave and though Christmas does not bother me, New Years still hurts.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know that all too well. Every year around my dad's birthday and suicide annaversary I would end up in the hospital riddled with guilt. Finally one birthday went by and I didn't think about it. Then an annaversary came and I was okay. It will end. I know it's hard, but the feelings will not last forever. Every year that goes by the pain centering around the event will shrink to a tollerable amount. My prayers and thoughts go out to those who suffer around the Holidays.
Hang in there and know you are loved.

Terri

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Samgail,

Strength comes from caring. You have the latter, so the former will show itself. Our thoughts are with you.

PrettySpecialGal

roll, roll, roll in ze hay
Registered
Reaction score
I have a number of folks in my family who are battling cancer right now- both my husband and I have lost family due to cancer, and now other members are fighting it. Please pray that they find the strength and peace to go on. There are also a few students of mine under the health battle, too- one with a liver transplant who is not expected to live another year (miraculously she's still at school, but going down hill, unfortunately), and another who has Muscular Dystrophy, as does his 2 brothers. (interested in story? I'll share if you ask)Please pray for strength with all these families.

As for me, please say a prayer of thanksgiving- I have a wonderful husband and kids- like no others in the world. When you have peace in your own home, there is no greater present on earth.

God Bless you all and Merry Christmas

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
PrettySpecialGal, cancer has hit our family as well. Good results on a three of the cases. This was even against bad odds. A brother-in-law has been cancer free now for about 6 years after a bone marrow transplant that was a last ditch effort. A sister-in-law who is winning a battle of breast cancer against a level 4 cancer. Her daughter overcame lymhoma as well! The common thing I have noticed in these people is that they have positive attitudes and a strong faith in God. They are also in positive surroundings.
I have taken the time to thank God for your happiness and to pray for the others you mentioned. God bless you all!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
PSG, your family and students are in my prayers. God can and does send grace and strength, and even healing.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
trans_spacer.gif
trans_spacer.gif

Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared..the Lord's glory surrounded them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news of great joy for everyone! The Savior yes, the Messiah, the Lord has been born tonight in Bethlehem, the city of David!
Luke 2:9-11 NLT

trans_spacer.gif
Let us rejoice!

Thanks eveyone for your love and care.

Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
1 John 4:7 NLT

Love (agape love= existing without conditions within the heart of the giver, willing to over look another ones faults to make them feel excepted) is the very common thread which holds all of humanity together. Without love the soul withers and retreats to a dark lonely place within the heart wherein the heart dies and the spirit is crushed and the mind wishes the body into nonexistence.

Author: Terri W.

Remember the eighth-grader who was shot to death by police a few days ago at his school? He didn't want to die, he just wanted to be loved and feel excepted by his peers. Instead he was relentlessly bullied and on the day he died, the dominos fell into place and he got his wish.

Create an act of love today. A smile, a note or a smiley could make a huge difference in someones life today.

Terri

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of folks are having a terrible rotten no good day. And so I pray that everyone finds that one little sparkle in their day, today and every day.:kiss: and know that, despite what you may think of me, I think you are cool!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
I've noticed that a lot of folks are having a terrible rotten no good day. And so I pray that everyone finds that one little sparkle in their day, today and every day.:kiss: and know that, despite what you may think of me, I think you are cool!

I think you are awsome! You're funny and witty. I look foward to your posts, they make me laugh as well as a lot of other peoples posts here at AW.

Thanks for the complementing post Jaycinth!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love has been brought to full expression through us.
1 John 4:12 NLT

You can show love for a moment to the broken hearted, but it will last a life time.

Terri

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, thank you Terri for this thread, I just found it today. I did, am, and will pray for all of you.

There is so much to be thankful for in my life, and so much to pray for. But I'll be breif. I need strength to face my fears. And discipline. Also, my friend in CA has colon cancer. She is like a second mom to me.
Thank you for this amazing thread.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sassandgroove said:
Wow, thank you Terri for this thread, I just found it today. I did, am, and will pray for all of you.

There is so much to be thankful for in my life, and so much to pray for. But I'll be breif. I need strength to face my fears. And discipline. Also, my friend in CA has colon cancer. She is like a second mom to me.
Thank you for this amazing thread.

I'm glad you found this.

I pray for spiritual protection for you all during this time in your lives. Remember His ways are higher than ours and acceptance of His answers to our prayers goes along way.

Terri

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My friends,

See that pretty kitty in my avatar? That's my son's cat, Skinny.
He's got a kitty cat UTI (urinary tract infection) Last year, he was 100% blocked and he could have died.

This year - it looks like he's on the same track. Other than not being able to pee, he's healthy. (And only 5 years old)

Some people don't believe in praying for animals - I'm not one of them.
sigh.....just when life was starting to improve:Headbang:

If you could spare a minute or two today and offer up a prayer for my son & his kitty - I'd appreciate it.
Thanx.
>''<

spike

Mostly Ignored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
oddgoose.blogspot.com
I have a family that needs a prayer. My cousin just lost his wife to breast cancer. He is incolsolable.

They have a 14 year old daughter who is going to have to navagate the teenage years without a mom.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Sass - I have prayed for your friend with colon cancer and I have asked for both of you to have the strength and peace of God as you fight this. On a side note, many times I've heard colon cancer can be slow growing. Just know that I have prayed before I posted specificially for you and your friend. God bless.

Unique - I believe in praying for all of God's creatures and the people who love them. He gave them to us and he knows our hearts. I prayed for your son and his cat before I posted this. I am a huge animal lover and I appreciate God giving them to us to share. God bless.

Spike - I prayed for your cousin and his comfort in this time of loss. I prayed for the entire family as well. I also prayed specifically for his daughter that she would find some wonderful female role models to help her through. I also prayed that she will find a very special bond with her dad as she matures. I pray they are both able to open up and lean on each other, remembering the good times as they heal. I am pleased to see you are there for them. I pray that you and your whole extended family are able to offer yourselves to them at this time. I prayed for you all. God bless.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
THanks for the prayers, all.

Surely we can pray for animals, especially pets. THey are God's creatures, and pets are family members, are they not?

I hold you all in my prayers, as well.

I have another request, which may sound less important with all the illness and such. I snapped at my hubby the other day. I don't want to be that way. I was reacting to him the way I grew accustomed to reacting to an X. But he is not X, he is by far a better man, my hubby. I married him for all the qualities X lacks, kindness, goodness, patience, hubby puts me first, and takes care of me. He deserves new reactions from me, proper to the current situation. I have prayed and ask that you will to, that God will bless my X, but also help me to move on, and live in the moment, with my hubby, to erase my old reactions and replace them with new, to open my ears to hear his kindness, to open my eyes to see myself as hubby and God see me.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
D.J. said:
Sass - I have prayed for your friend with colon cancer and I have asked for both of you to have the strength and peace of God as you fight this. On a side note, many times I've heard colon cancer can be slow growing. QUOTE]

Yes, it is. My husband was diagnosed almost four years ago with stage 3 colon cancer. He went through surgery and chemo okay. In remission for almost three years.

I'm keeping all of you in my prayers.