• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Movable Type Management (formerly Movable Type Literary Group)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I queried her on a Sunday, got the request for the full on Monday, and had an email asking for a phone call by Friday.

I'm still bouncing...

YAY! Happy dance for you! That's very exciting. Congratulations!

Idea Tailor

Registered
Reaction score
Jason's Response Time for Full?

My congrats also, CherylAngst! It's good that there are more agents in the agency, especially as Jason still seems eager to get great new material and is (therefore) increasingly swamped by submissions.

Does anyone who has/had a full out to Jason have personal info on his current turn around? I was hoping to hear after the holidays, but it's not yet three months so too soon to follow up, I think. Just want to know how much longer my fingernails need to hold out. :Sun: Thanks.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
I had a partial out to Jason and never got a response. Even with a nudge. I wrote it off! :)

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for a full from Brianne followed by a request for a phone call a couple of days later!

*fingers crossed*

Congrats! It's always cool to hear news like this!

neener

Cleaning is overrated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janinesclayson.blogspot.com
Hmmm. Does not bode well. I didn't include pages with mine--again, website fail (or me+website fail) but I noticed people on querytracker did include pages.

Think I'll wait another month and put her down as a no...

Idea Tailor

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Rowan. Jason has a good rap for making comments even with a rejection, which makes him stand out. That makes me wonder if he got swamped, but (of course) they're all swamped. So maybe now he acts like the rest? I notice the more recent posts tend to be about the other agents....

Last edited:

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be hosting an interactive interview with Ms. Mulligan on my blog this Friday, February 11. If you have a question for Ms. Mulligan, feel free to hop on over!

I'll be back Friday morning to post a direct link.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Mulligan on 1/21. No word yet, but it hasn't been that long.

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Krista, for another great interview! Ms. Mulligan sounds like she would be a super agent.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Are people sending to the submissions e-mail or to the individual agents?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Are people sending to the submissions e-mail or to the individual agents?

Mkcbunny, I'm not sure about the other agents at Movable Type, but if you're interested in querying Ms. Mulligan, you can send it to either the general submissions address or her individual address (as per her PM page). Best of luck!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ms. Mulligan on 2/7 via Movable Type's general submissions address
Re-queried 2/28 via her personal address ([email protected])
Partial request (first 50 pages) received 2/28

YA science fiction

She told me in her reply that she responds much faster to queries sent to her personal address, so if you're looking to query her, you should probably try that one.

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I just love their website. Queried last week. Fingers crossed, toes crossed. Seems like such a cool agency!

Martha Moffett

Registered
Reaction score
At Marianne Strong agency, when Jason inherited my novel from the fiction agent who was leaving, he was upfront about not liking fiction and not particularly interested in marketing it. After a few months he said he was taking a workshop in how to market fiction. I couldn't get him to tell me where he was presenting my book and got no answers to most emails unless I persisted. Finally my 1-year contract was up, and I bowed out--to his surprise. It was like pulling teeth to get a list of the 5 or 6 publishers he had tried, one of which I had suggested. Perhaps writers with nonfiction projects will get better results. I felt my book had lost a year.

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
At Marianne Strong agency, when Jason inherited my novel from the fiction agent who was leaving, he was upfront about not liking fiction and not particularly interested in marketing it. After a few months he said he was taking a workshop in how to market fiction. I couldn't get him to tell me where he was presenting my book and got no answers to most emails unless I persisted. Finally my 1-year contract was up, and I bowed out--to his surprise. It was like pulling teeth to get a list of the 5 or 6 publishers he had tried, one of which I had suggested. Perhaps writers with nonfiction projects will get better results. I felt my book had lost a year.

Ack that's not good! It's such a slow business anyways. What a bummer! Was that awhile ago? I wonder if he has changed his mind about fiction.

RolyPoly0ne

Registered
Reaction score
Response from Brianne

I just sent Brianne Mulligan a nudge on a full she requested in late February. She responded right away and explained that she had to start her maternity leave earlier than expected. She's catching up on her backlog now.

She sounds lovely. I've got my fingers crossed that she likes my full!