Postage Rate Rises May 11th

WriterintheWind

Registered
Reaction score
Website
supersubteacher.blogspot.com
Get those manuscripts off while the gettin' is good er - or cheaper! The USPS is raising the postage up to 44 cents (First Class). The first new stamp of that demonination is based on the Simpsons cartoon. How ironic that Bart's slogan, "Don't Have a Cow" applies to this nonsense.

I send out several pieces of mail a day as my other hobby (yes, there are other hobbies besides writing), is sweepstaking.

It irked me so bad, some writing came squeezing out:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4932873_save-money-during-postage-increase.html

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Buy some more of the Forever stamps NOW. That's what I'll do. Stock up on those puppies.

I wonder how long before the post office decides forever stamps wasn't a very good idea and recind them?

Susan G.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why does it cost more to deliver less mail and taking more time to do it?

At work, the mail used to be in our PO Box by 9am, then they moved it back to 9:30am, now it's 11am (if they get around to it by then).

The Post Office displeases me greatly.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What is this "mail" you speak of?

Yeah, yeah, I know.

It's just that we deal with municipalities and in NJ we are (by law) forced to utilize their voucher system which requires signed vouchers be sent by mail to get payment. This has the added advantage of allowing the municipalities to delay paying our bills. The first month after we bill, they have a meeting, and issue a voucher. A few weeks later they get around to mailing the voucher. We sign it and mail it back. Then, if they get around to it at the next meeting, they authorize payment. It's great system (for them).

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I've been stocking up on the Forever stamps for over a month now. Since I pay bills online, submit most ms. and queries by email, those stamps should last me until the 22nd century. But by that time, post offices and snail mail might be nothing more than a not-so-fond memory.

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I've been stocking up on the Forever stamps for over a month now. Since I pay bills online, submit most ms. and queries by email, those stamps should last me until the 22nd century. But by that time, post offices and snail mail might be nothing more than a not-so-found memory.

Sadly, so will book publishing.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh crap, not another increase!

My mail delivery is getting worse and worse (other people's mail ending up in my mail box; my mail in some neighbor's mailbox), they've talked about making it a five-day delivery week, instead of 6, and they want the stamps to cost MORE?

I think I'll start hand-delivering all my correspondence.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
My mail delivery is getting worse and worse (other people's mail ending up in my mail box; my mail in some neighbor's mailbox), <snip>
You too?! And what kills me is that the neighbors act all innocent.

"Your what?"
"A card from my sister. It had a gift card in it."
"Hmmm.... George? Did you see-- Oh, wait. Here it is."

Right. They were waiting for me not to notice and go use it. It's happened before.