Plotting Terrorist Attack Homework!

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't start threads in this section, but this caught my eye:

Students asked to plot

Superintendent said:
He says if a student, "actually did illustrate an act of terrorism that they might commit, let's say against the school, we've expelled students for that."
So give them the assignement, and if they misinterpret it, expell them?

I was going to give my view on this but I figured I would refrain at the moment, for my temper is bound to get the better of me.

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow . . . I don't even think I can comment.

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow . . . I don't even think I can comment.
I completely understand.

I give up here is my ramble and thoughts:
Law Enforcement and other Criminal Justice groups need to know what possibilities there are to be more prepared. I understand that, but we are discussing children in 9th grade so they would be about 14-15 yrs old, my sisters age. I couldn't imagine her even attempting this project considering how all three of her older siblings were or still are in the military.
In ninth grade I was sitting in English or History class watching the Twin Towers go down, waiting for the school buses to arrive and transport everyone home safely.
I can't help but think this is sick, it is wrong to have children of this age doing such a project, no matter the reason. You are opening students to use their knowledge and brains for such a matter, we are talking about students that are young enough that we should let them be innocent in such matters, not force them. I could only imagine what my sisters reaction would be, she's a very strong kid but this would greatly upset and infuriate her and I'm slightly surprised that the students were going along with it. Slightly, after all it is homework.
I have so many things I want to ramble on about this subject, but I am holding back at the moment. :(

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
And these are the people teaching our children how to think logically. :D

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Are they going to expel kids who play World of Warcraft?

How can you fight against evil if you know nothing about it?

I suspect nobody cares if you fight against evil in an imaginary world, but if you so much as write down a plan to blow up your school...you could be expelled.

Perhaps an intermediate solution might cover the problem of training the imagination. For example, set up an imaginary country with imaginary defenses and plan imaginary attacks on it with imaginary weapons.

This is how it works in armed assault
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmA:_Armed_Assault